No announcement yet.

axis quest...week one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would've skewered that dude. Good luck on the quest.

Comment

KAP= Kill All Pigs

Comment

Good luck getting the big one. Wish I had your restraint. I have had good luck with alfalfa on exotics, as well as regular old sweet feed. Sweet feed would probably attract hogs though.

Comment

Nice Recap. I am sure you will be bloody this weekend. Keep me posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
            You had a preview at Bownanza.
            I was just thinking about those steaks off the top of the fire box!!!! Man, they were good!!!!

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

good luck--may your arrow fly true

Comment

John, FYI some feed stores now carry alfalfa "cubes". It's not the molasses soured stuff like Joey's talking about, just alfalfa pressed into 2" cubes in a 50# sack. It's much easier to handle/spread than bales.

Hope to see ya on the hill sometime during the 4th......I'll bring the big sockets this year.

Comment

[ATTACH]40130[/ATTACH]
                    (Dale with his small sockets)
                    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

If you've seen better I cant wait to see the pics , good luck

Comment

Wow!!!,

Comment

Buena Suerte ...

Good luck! Doc, and go after him with tooth and fang...

orlybow

Comment

Actually, I won't be flingin' the Hammerhead. Axis have a very thick hide up front. I guess it's from fighting tigers and stuff. I'm cutting down my slice to either a First Cut 1 1/2 diameter mech with cutting tip or 2 or 3 blade Rage.

I see they have that stuff in Leaky, Joey. I'll head to town and get some. They may have the cubes also. I'll check.

That last pic was my truck with a bearing out. Dale heard it squeak and they all ran for their tools and got on 4 wheelers, racing to see who could use their tools first. Jaspro stood there with his tool in his hand, but they wouldn't let him use it. So, he just stayed out of the way. LOL I just stood out of the way talking with that critter killin' Bone boy and Mailman. Around this crew, stuff gets done.

I'm figuring that buck is maybe just over 30 on the right beam and just under on the left. Of course, I'm not an axis expert and will just kill the first one that makes me lose my breath. This one made me lose my breath when I first saw him, but when he finally got to 16 yards, I had gotten my breath back.

Yeah, Orlybow, rub it in with your avatar. I'll get me a good'un this year. LOL

Comment

Good luck to ya, John!!!

Comment

Joey, I had 4 or 5 whitetails come in that morning. He was just feeding up the road and they both were looking at a couple does in front of me about 10 yards . I was FROZEN.

Archery1st, I'll try. I've seen them and I have the time to do it. But, when the right one comes in, I'll probably just shoot and wonder how big he is secondly. I'm the same way with whitetails. When one tickles me, I hunt him and worry about the other stuff later. Did you hunt here last year? Figured we'd meet.

Dang, Mary. Pepsi delivered in the middle of no where. Sika saved me with a 2 liter bottle last year and now you're offering to cart in some more. Clint keeps me supplied with canned Pepsi. These TBH'ers can't be beat. I'll know something after two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X