Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
    The Major and I are rigged up and ready for tomorrow.

[ATTACH]901997[/ATTACH]

I don’t think y’all need luck but I will wish y’all well. Have a cold NM brew post march.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have fun tomorrow... embrace the suck!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks all. Clouds have rolled in and are supposed to stay tomorrow. Wind is still up though.

Comment

Back in the room. Made the goal of breaking nine hours. Came in at 8:57.

Comment

Nice!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome job Sir!

Comment

Good job. It was nice getting to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff995 View Post
                  Good job. It was nice getting to meet you.
                  How’d y’all do out there yesterday?

Comment

Good. It was tough. Have you ever had a major difference in the time that they log for you and your actual time on the course? Mine and Kyles times were off by an hour compared to time we recorded on gps. I finished in 8:18 and their website shows 9:22. Kinda odd.

Comment

This was my first experience at the Bataan Memorial Death March. I went with a group and we did the March together. It was a fantastic and challenging experience. I don’t want to spiritualize it but it was very impactful. I learned a ton about the history and what those guys dealt with. It was an honor to suffer the tiny amount comparatively to memorialize the “*******s of Bataan”.
                      I ran the Dallas marathon and I have to say I don’t know which was more difficult physically. They are so different. But...overall, it was awesome. Congratulations to the other guys here that completed it.

Comment

Good. It was tough. Have you ever had a major difference in the time that they log for you and your actual time on the course? Mine and Kyles times were off by an hour compared to time we recorded on gps. I finished in 8:18 and their website shows 9:22. Kinda odd.
                        You’re probably seeing the difference between “gun time” and “chip time”. The 9 hours is from when the event started and you finished. The 8 hours is from when your chip crossed the start line and finish line. 8:18 is strong work and an awesome time! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobs117 View Post
                          This was my first experience at the Bataan Memorial Death March. I went with a group and we did the March together. It was a fantastic and challenging experience. I don’t want to spiritualize it but it was very impactful. I learned a ton about the history and what those guys dealt with. It was an honor to suffer the tiny amount comparatively to memorialize the “*******s of Bataan”.
                          I ran the Dallas marathon and I have to say I don’t know which was more difficult physically. They are so different. But...overall, it was awesome. Congratulations to the other guys here that completed it.

I agree. The last 6 miles was single handedly the toughest physical thing I have ever done and one of the toughest mental challenges as well.

Comment

You’re probably seeing the difference between “gun time” and “chip time”. The 9 hours is from when the event started and you finished. The 8 hours is from when your chip crossed the start line and finish line. 8:18 is strong work and an awesome time! Congratulations!
                            Thanks. We didn’t even cross the start line until 8:25am. We went through the line to greet the survivors. Very powerful experience meeting those men.
                            Last edited by Geoff995; 03-26-2018, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I agree. The last 6 miles was single handedly the toughest physical thing I have ever done and one of the toughest mental challenges as well.
                              The “sand pit” has a habit of getting in your head.

Comment

The “sand pit” has a habit of getting in your head.
                                That’s an understatement. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X