Any Excalibur crossbow shooters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Excalibur crossbow shooters?

I ordered and going to pick up my bulldog 330 Monday. Any tips? Thanks ahead of time.

Killed tons of pigs with the matrix 330, best arrow combo was a 2117 cut in half. Standard insert on each end, a 100-125 grain tip and 3 blazer vanes. Softball groups at 100 all day long.

Comment

Own two. Great x bows. And, easy to maintain. Rage 100 gr xbow hypodermics are lethal and accurate.

Comment

Are the Diablo shaft pretty good that comes with the crossbow?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
          I have never had a problem with them, and they are accurate at 50yds for me.

I need to buy a flemish string for mine, the factory string seems to stretch out every few months.

Comment

Did you order a cocking mechanism with it? Well worth its money. Make sure you always go to the full locked in position. If you stop short and the string rests on the arrow sensor part, then you will be approaching a FUBAR. Hopefully a good bow mechanic or salesmen will show you what you should avoid doing. I had a very good bow mechanic set mine up and go over the absolute things you need to know. Shoots very accurate with the diablo arrows.

Comment

Yep

Comment

Put a buck and two does down with my matrix 380 last season. It was a refurb off of cabelas bargain cave....my brother was envious as he paid over 1K for his a few years ago. Accurate as all get out out to 60 yards on a target bag using a tact zone scope...never took a shot beyond 25 yrds. at an animal as that is my comfort zone. Be sure to spend the extra and get a bow stringer/press for string field changes and/of adjusting brace height if you ever need to do that. My .02.

Comment

I ordered the stringer. I did not order the cranking device. That was why I went with the 330 instead of a heavier draw.

Comment

Got my wife a Matrix 380 when they first came out... It shoots lights out out to 60 yards... Very first shot on a deer though, it exploded into pieces when she pulled the trigger!! nobody hurt, nor was the deer she was shooting at... Excalibur stood behind it though. I told them what happened, and they sent me new limbs and string overnight. I returned the blown up ones to them... Bow was back in bidness within 48 hours, and has not had any problems since... That was in '13...

Comment

I ordered the stringer. I did not order the cranking device. That was why I went with the 330 instead of a heavier draw.
                      Don't need a cranking device. I just grabbed the rope cocking device that I got with my Barnett Quad 400 and adjusted the rope length to accomodate my matrix. The 260 lb. draw weight on my 380 is very manageable with a rope cocking device. Good call on ordering the stringer. Some people keep their excals strung all year long...I un-string and relax my CB limbs in the off season.

Comment

Does anyone have an opinion or experience with one of these crossbows in similar poundage using the Grim Reaper Whitetail Specials?

Comment

Does anyone have an opinion or experience with one of these crossbows in similar poundage using the Grim Reaper Whitetail Specials?
                          Micro 355. Shot a yearling doe, 1 of 3 blades broke on ribs on the entrance. Shot a mature buck, nothing but ribs, best I could tell only half of one blade made it in to the chest cavity. The wound channel through the lungs looked like a field point. Could have easily lost the biggest deer of my life but luckily he didn't run hard. NAP *** was breaking 1 out of 3 blades on ribs. Settled in to NAP FOC and been very happy. No broken blades. Mass carnage.

Comment

Matrix 330 here. Muzzy broadheads. Crazy accurate. Two shots = two nice deer. I have no complaints. Initial scope failed but was exchanged and have had no problems since.

Comment

Shot through a bunch of pigs with a 330 and a rage hypodermic

Comment

Working...
                              X