No announcement yet.

Old!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

27 here and have been hunting with bow since I was just a little squirt, killed my first deer with a bow at age 12 and it's been a everyday activity for me since. Was bored with compounds by age 18 and have been shooting a stick ever since then. I hope I'm able to enjoy this sport into my 60's..... Hell for that matter,make it there

Comment

I'll be 63 in November and have been flinging sticks since '59, mostly recurve with a break for 7 years of compounds (2003 -2010) then nothing but longbow since...

Comment

I'm 47, I had a fiberglass Bear longbow as a youngster. I jumped over to a compound later in my teens and have been shooting compounds up until recently. I'm a bonafide trad junkie now and have no plans on going back to compounds.

Comment

63 Oct 25th. Feel like I been here since the earth cooled.

Comment

Gonna be 51 next month but goin' on 35. Been bowhunting for 25 years, but shooting Trad for the last 5 months.

J.P.

Comment

Y'all a bunch of young whipper snappers.
              I'm 72. my first bow was a green glass take down Ben Pearson longbow
              that I bought from Cullum and Boren about 1954. Still got it.

I taught myself all of my bad habits about shooting a bow, then
              discovered cars, girls, drag racing, rodeoing and didn't get back to
              the bow until mid 80's.

Still got all those bad shooting habits, I learned them well.

Jack

Comment

I was 62 on June 5th and most the men I shoot with are in their 60's and a few in the
                80's.

Comment

Started shooting a longbow back when I was about 7 years old - Used my Dad's old Stemmler longbow. I shot for several years then got a Pearson all glass recurve and hated it. Quit - then in early 70's got back into archery... shot a compound for about 1 1/2 years then switched to the longbow and have been shooting them every since.

Comment

I'm in my early 30's, or is it late 20's, but believe n the old school way of doing things. Yes sir, no ma'am and all that. Age is just a state of mind, and mine makes me an old timer, lol

Comment

I'll be 44 on July 4th. Been primarily a bow hunter since I was 18. A good friend and mentor from Illinois got me started on Trad about 4 years ago. I finally got serious and went all trad last season. Gave my compound to my oldest son. No turning back!

Comment

I'm 60. Started shooting in 1959. Grew up in Buffalo Field Archert Club in Houston. Shot competivley until 1984. Picked up my recurves again in the late 80s

Comment

How about some pics of these old bows.

Comment

I'll be 55 come Nov 6th.

Started shooting stickbows when I was 9, so that would be 1966.

Was taught how to shoot right, and started seriously shooting in 1984.

Shot a compound periodically on & off for one year, but never laid my stickbows down. For that year I'd shoot both when I shot. Put the compound up in the closet after a year of tinkering with it, and then gave it away a few years back.

55 ain't really old, and if my joints were in as good a shape as my looks I'd be doing darn well.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods86 View Post
                              How about some pics of these old bows.
                              my 1st serious competition bow in 1961

Comment

Originally posted by CM Sackett View Post
                                I'm 52... been doin' this since I was 2 1/2 (started with "BIG CHIEF" sets from Ben Franklin 5 - 10 and OTASCO stores... I went through arrows pretty regularly, lol!)
                                Mine came from Gibson's.

Comment

Working...
                                X