No announcement yet.

Raccoon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first Raccoon that I ever shot was given to a 2nd cousin of mine and he ate it!

I never ask him how it was!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
      There's a black guy in my neighborhood that begs me for coon. He even offer to pay me for every coon that I get for him.
      Same here I know a few folks in magnolia I was talking hunting with that pay $20 a coon (skinned and gutted) and said they'd take all I could bring them.

They treated it like a delicacy. I asked them how the cooked it and sounded like the way I do roast. They were more excited about a raccoon then deer meat

Comment

A few plate spinners need to die. I figured there had to be alot of good meat...like a squirrel. Im surprised no one has mentioned brining...some have mentioned marinading.

Now Ive got to figure out where the undesired glands are located.

Comment

Originally posted by Thegutman View Post
          There was this old man who lived on the edge of my old deer lease in east tx. My buddy and I would visit with him and drink beer everytime we went to the lease. One day he cooked us a coon just like others are saying (wrapped in foil with sweet potatoes and carrots). We didnt want to be rude so we ate it and it wasnt bad, till later that night when I woke up to a terrible rumble in my gut. I couldnt get to a toilet fast enough, and had a waterfall coming out my @$$ for the next two days! Never again will I eat that greasy animal. Lol

Comment

I tried it once, not my cup of tea.
            Cut off fat, boil it, then cook it like a pot roast. I always gave them away to people on or near the farm who needed meat.
            I won't be trying it a second time

Comment

its like menudo and tripas etc, there is so many good cuts of meat and animals to eat out there..... why bother digging in the gut bucket for dinner

Comment

I heard coon brains are delicious! Guess I will never know

Comment

I have an uncle that will eat anything. Seriously. Bobcat. Opossum. But he won't eat raccoons. "Too greasy."

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                  people in Houston that will but a dang coon for 25 bucks so they eat me.
                  This auto-corrected sentence made me LOL.

Comment

Working...
                  X