No announcement yet.

Honor: Lost TBH Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nathyn - Lost his lovely wife at way too young of an age. I know he has his hands full raising his young children.

>E

Comment

Gof bless the families of all that were lost these last few yrs.

Bish I can't fathom how you felt and still feel. I watched a friend of mine drown and another that drowned his horse trying to save him when we were getting cattle out of the trinity river bottoms during floods several yrs ago. Half the reason I'm now a advanced swiftwater rescue tech.

The family of TD I remember the stories and remember yall keeping us updated on his status. I still remember reading mailmans post when he went home. Tears were in my eyes.

Devin and Family I hope I never have to feel the loss of a child. Blaine touched so many lives on here that he never even met. Devin as I told you before I hope I can live up to be the dad you were with my children. I can't tell you how long I hugged and held Tatum after reading your final update about him going home. He is now walking hand and hand with family and friends and is enjoying his now pain free life.

I'm sure I'm missing a few but these I remember over the last couple years.

dear lord please be with all our TBH family and friends that are facing these holidays missing a loved one. Please let them know they are in a better place and are no longer in pain. Just lay your hands on them and let them feel the peace in their hearts they deserve.

Comment

Prayers up.

Comment

I was a lurker for almost a year before joining. My dad passed away on 10/10/08. I was on a hunting trip near Freer and got the phone call on my way back to camp one morning. Obviously, I cut my hunt short and a hunting buddy of mine elected to cut his hunt short as well to drive me back home as I was a complete emotional wreck. (not many folks would do that and I owe him dearly). Dad taught me everything I know about the outdoors and life. He loved to squirrel hunt and taught me a lot about deer while chasing those bushytails thru the hardwood thickets in the Castor Creek bottoms in northern Louisiana. It used to amaze me to watch him shoot a .22 w/ iron sights and pick his head shots. As far as deer, he deer hunted for meat and meat only. If he had his pick, he would still shoot a doe rather than a young buck, so he did have a little management mindness to him. He was never a bowhunter, but encouraged me with every step I took with it. I became a "supporting member" here at TBH a little over 2 weeks after his passing. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him and wish I could speak to him just one last time. The Good Lord needed him, and I know that dad would have wanted me to finish my hunt. There was NO way I could do that. I had to come in and honor my only hero.

God bless everyone during this holiday season. May you have a smile on your face when you think of your memories of the ones you've lost. Knowing that you still have those memories. And NO ONE can take those memories away!

Merry Christmas and prayers to you all!

Comment

Zac from Archery Country

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              Their was only one.....

Tuthdoc

Mailman, my prayers are with you and your family during the holiday season.
              Hopefully you meant there was only one Tuthdoc.

I remember Troy Gatlin's battle quite well. I still have the "diary post" where they put him in hospice. He fought a tough fight

Comment

Mike Mireles....Rest in Peace Buddy!!!!

Jerryg

Comment

Originally posted by spur View Post
                  Zac from Archery Country
                  Was just about to post this.

Zack Kolda - KIA Dec 1, 2004 in Iraq. Semper Fi my friend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	zach in iraq.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	23965876

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post

[ATTACH]207955[/ATTACH]
                    Can't forget my brother in arms who gave the ultimate sacrifice for Freedom..........RIP Devil Dog......

Comment

I believe it was Bobby Kana's brother ( Bobster) and Dena's (hot4huntin) brother in law....his first name alludes me but his last name was Kana...

Somebody help me out..

Comment

We lost my bro-in-law, Ed (Frontloader) Kana, at the deer lease in April, 2007. He died of a massive heart attack. RIP, Ed!

I believe JrGlass also passed away at his lease a week or so before this.

Prayers sent to all of the families who have lost loved ones.
                        Last edited by Hot4huntin; 12-17-2010, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post

[ATTACH]207955[/ATTACH]
                          Semper Fi Marine..
                          Rest In Peace my Brother

Comment

Great thread. There have been some mighty fine TBH warriors who fought the good fight.

Comment

Don Holbrook we miss u Dad

Comment

Prayers up for all involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X