No more vehicle inspections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
    You really think any government entity will take a pay cut? You WILL still pay it, just not for an inspection. They will hide it somewhere else and most likely you'll be paying more in the long run.
    Like they currently did with the whole one sticker thing. I pay more now than when it was 2

Comment

I hope it passes before I have to buy new tires. I still have a few miles in them but they won't pass.

Comment

What about the trailer inspections? It's a pain in the you know what to have to hook on the camper every year and drag it in for a 5 minute inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          With the same stroke of the pen they need to get rid of the trailer inspections
          I completely agree. Especially my camper. The time it takes me to hook up, haul, and then return and unhook isn't worth it. Plus trying to find a place around me where it's easy to maneuver around. All for them to input the VIN and weight and collect my $7.

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
            Whoa! We getting our rights back! What a step forward. According to the constitution, as long as you are traveling while on personal business, you do not have to have a drivers license, insurance, registration, or an inspection. If you use the highways for conducting business then you do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
              You really think any government entity will take a pay cut? You WILL still pay it, just not for an inspection. They will hide it somewhere else and most likely you'll be paying more in the long run.

Yep. I think it is comical to think that the government that gave the tax in the first place, somehow wrote themselves out of that tax.

By the comments a person might believe that 100,000 people marched on the state capital and had a 30 day siege and the Senate gave in.

The way I read the bill (and I might be wrong as it is so long and convoluted) is that they are getting rid of the inspection but keeping the fees to be paid at the time of registration. That is, nothing goes away except for someone reviewing your vehicle. You pay for an "inspection" that never happens. They save money by not having to run the inspection program.... in some counties.

The bill that the Senate passed has a new section in the vehicles laws called "Inspection Program Replacement Fees". That lists the fees to be charged when the registration is renewed.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                  some drivers just shouldn't be on the road. But I guess inspections don't really stop them now do they?
                  Fixed it!

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                    some vehicles just shouldn't be on the road. But I guess inspections don't really stop them now do they?
                    Yep and not having insurance doesn't stop anyone from driving. They need to tow every car that doesn't have insurance and leave the folks walking.

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
                      Whoa! We getting our rights back! What a step forward. According to the constitution, as long as you are traveling while on personal business, you do not have to have a drivers license, insurance, registration, or an inspection. If you use the highways for conducting business then you do!

Where is Smart's Eddie Murphy gif when you need it?

Why don't you drive around without all of the things you mentioned?

Maybe make a live thread out of it and take us all the way to the judgement of the court?

Pretty sure you have to have a license, insurance, inspection and registration currently

Matter of fact, I doubt you can get 3 of the above without the 4th
                      They ask me for insurance when I got inspection, registration and I think license renewal

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                        The founding fathers were so smart to address car inspections way back in 1776 when they wrote the constitution.

Comment

Anytime there is a law change it's another Avenue to get more money out of our pockets.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            So, are they keeping trailer inspections?
                            thats why i stripped everything i could out of my travel trailer and took it to the scales and had the title changed to less than 4000 lbs to get around the inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              With the same stroke of the pen they need to get rid of the trailer inspections

Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                                The founding fathers were so smart to address car inspections way back in 1776 when they wrote the constitution.

Yes, it is nice to know they thought about and addressed our rights to be free citizens, free travel, free commerce, free thinkers 240 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X