• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost mine in tragic boat accident

Comment

Originally posted by oldtestamentman View Post
      It is legit.
      I opened a Wells Fargo separate account and got me a Coinbase Wallet. Took allot of red tape to get one, more than a bank account in the US. Made sure the Coinbase account had the security lock in the browser, otherwise you are giving your money away to hackers.

Sold my bitcoin twice once at $1,200 and then recently at $1,100 per bitcoin. I did not believe it was legit until the international bank wire hit my account and I transferred it to my checking account. It actually is legit and I made 8,000 % return on it.
      Congrats, what year did you buy in? I heard about it several years ago but didn't buy any as it had already had a huge run-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        You did not say what you own.
        Not sure I should now...I am apparently out of the loop and didn't know it was a hush hush thing???

Comment

Bit what?

Comment

I just have some Henways

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              Not sure I should now...I am apparently out of the loop and didn't know it was a hush hush thing???
              Why start a thread asking how many we have without saying how many you own?

I own zero.

Comment

It is legit.
                I opened a Wells Fargo separate account and got me a Coinbase Wallet. Took allot of red tape to get one, more than a bank account in the US. Made sure the Coinbase account had the security lock in the browser, otherwise you are giving your money away to hackers.

Sold my bitcoin twice once at $1,200 and then recently at $1,100 per bitcoin. I did not believe it was legit until the international bank wire hit my account and I transferred it to my checking account. It actually is legit and I made 8,000 % return on it.
                So you bought them at $15 and sold at $1,200?!?! I hope you bought a couple thousand dollars worth. That's a killer return. I looked at getting some pretty early on but passed. Guess I made the wrong call.

Comment

Even better yet, when I asked my Tax CPA if I had to pay capital gains tax on the investment, she said, "huh", what?" "what is a bitcoin.?"

The IRS still doesn't know how to handle it.

It was a dicey investment and I didn't bet the farm, but it was like going to Vegas and then watching it daily. When the International Monetary Fund closed down the banks in Cypress due to austerity measures, it went nuts to the price of a troy ounce of gold in no time. Then Brexit caused another recent run from $300 to $1,100. Now most are bought by Chinese and Middle East investors.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    How much money do you have in your bank account?

Comment

Now most are bought by Chinese and Middle East investors.
                      and technology criminals using it for collecting data-ransom payments.

Comment

It is legit.

Even better yet, when I asked my Tax CPA if I had to pay capital gains tax on the investment, she said, "huh", what?" "what is a bitcoin.?"

The IRS still doesn't know how to handle it.

It was a dicey investment and I didn't bet the farm, but it was like going to Vegas and then watching it daily. When the International Monetary Fund closed down the banks in Cypress due to austerity measures, it went nuts to the price of a troy ounce of gold in no time. Then Brexit caused another recent run from $300 to $1,100. Now most are bought by Chinese and Middle East investors.
                        Congratulations. Sounds like you hit a home run.

Can you provide an explanation of what they are and how one buys and sells them. Also, I'm not certain that I understand why the closing of banks in Cypress and Brexit would cause the value of bitcoins to skyrocket. Can you please explain the correlation.

Comment

Y'all know how to google so......

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            Why start a thread asking how many we have without saying how many you own?

I own zero.
                            I don't own any

Comment

A buddy of mine started a Bitcoin ATM service: https://www.wired.com/2013/05/robocoin/

but then they shut it down a few years later: http://www.coindesk.com/robocoin-rom...coin-services/

IIRC, they were able to operate in Canada alright but there was too much red tape in the States.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                                I just have some Henways
                                What's a henway?

Comment

Working...
                                X