Center Cut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Center Cut?

In doing a lot of reaceach on past threads I come across talk of "center cut" and on the 3Rivers spine calculator they want to know what your center cut is. So how do I measure my center cut?
    Do I find the center of the upper and lower limbs, draw a line connecting the two center marks then measure off that line to the cut out of the riser?

I have no idea how to measure it, but depending on what kind of bow it is you may be able to get it off the website of whoever built it...if they have a website. I'm sure somebody else will chime in that knows how to measure it.

Comment

Sounds good to me!

Comment

Hope these help.

Rick
        Attached Files

Comment

Lots of bows just don't lay flat enough, or accurately flat for me to trust the flat surface method, so of these methods, I generally rely on using the two strings method.

I will add, to get it dead nutz accurate you need to take into consideration the diameter of the strings used, and subtract 1/2 that diameter from your measurement.

Rick

Comment

Once again Rick You Da Man.
            That's pretty close to what I was thinking and that string method helps bring it together.
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
              Once again Rick You Da Man.
              That's pretty close to what I was thinking and that string method helps bring it together.
              Thanks.
              You're quite welcome.

Something I forgot to mention:
              If you find limb center, and mark it right at the fade outs, it will generally be the most accurate, and will compensate for any misalignment of the limbs that may (or may not) exist.

Rick

Comment

At my "online" Dynamic Spine Calculator page, if you click on the instructions, you can find these as well as a few other tips.

Dynamic Spine Calculator

Rick

Comment

That's great Rick.

New question...what's a "footing"?

Comment

That's great Rick.

New question...what's a "footing"?
                    A footing is any piece of material, that is incorporated either internally, or externally at the ends of the shaft to increase the ends structural integrity, and weight.

These two arrows are externally footed on the point end with pieces of aluminum arrow shaft.

The bottom with one is only footed with 1" of aluminum, and done primarily just to make it a bit tougher, although it does increase weight, and FOC some.

The top has 3.5" of stacked/layered footing to drastically increase structural integrity, weight, and FOC.

Rick

Comment

Forgot the picture.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Interesting, haven't seen that before.

Comment

I put those on arrows that are mounted with small game heads. When they hit a tree or rock the head is less likely to push up into the shaft and ruin it.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            I put those on arrows that are mounted with small game heads. When they hit a tree or rock the head is less likely to push up into the shaft and ruin it.
                            Bring one to the Cowtown shoot on the 14th, I'd like to look at it.

Comment

Old thread from here on TBH, but a picture of nice wood footing. I am too hard on arrows to make them that pretty .

Comment

Working...
                              X