No announcement yet.

Medicineman's 2017 season as live as possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks y'all. Hopefully he'll slip up the next couple days bc I plan on being there!

It's dead here tonight. First time I've been in this stand and it been covered up with critters all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let us know about this mornings hunt and don't forget your keys. lol
      Good Luck !!!

Comment

Go get em brother Shiloh! Good luck! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Enjoying this thread. Good luck

Comment

Signal was crappy at the morning spot. Seen 9 does, 5 bucks and some chasing activity I couldn't get glasses on to see what it was for sure.

About 9:30 had a single doe come in and didn't have a boyfriend with her...

She was quartered away a touch which I like and just as I let the string slip out of my fingers she turned to me causing a quartering shot to be broadside. Arrow zipped thru and she took off in a fast paced walk away from me. I have her a while knowing it was back and finally took up the trail. Blood wasn't too bad but not great and all the leaves raining down weren't helping. I'd heard something a bit after I shot crossing the creek down from me and her trail was leading in that direction....

And walllah! This was a first for me to have a critter die in the water, and of course she had to do it in the opposite bank. A little redneck engineering with some logs and I was across and had her taken care of! The only reason I shot her was my uncle was wanting a deer and was going to be down tomorrow. After finding her, I was beginning to wonder if he was worth that much work or not!

Back in the stand at another location hoping to let my luck keep riding on!

Comment

Way to go Shiloh! Good job on the slick. You aint gotta make no excuses round here as to
              "why" you shot this, or shot that! If I hadn't had so much trouble with the pigs/dinker bucks running off my "in range" does, I would have at least shot at a couple, I can promise ya that! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Good job! Congrats.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on your doe Shiloh!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats, Shiloh! Like the pic as well.

Comment

Way to go! This is my first year hunting whitetails with a bow, and I am beginning to think ANY deer with traditional is a trophy.

Comment

Great thread, good luck!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm back in the same stand I shot the doe from yesterday this morning hoping for a crack at my wide buck. Pulled my camera card when I got here an checked it a bit ago to find that he'd been thru a few times yesterday evening.
                            Low and behold I looked back behind me and there the ghost that's haunted me for the last 369 days was across a creek working his way down it without a care in the world. He got parallel to me and stopped to look my way and I figured it was fixing to happen as he was right next to the main crossing. Instead, he turned and headed on down the trail.

I've been very blessed to have the opportunity to shoot some amazing critters and a few big deer, but that buck was honestly the prettiest buck over ever laid eyes on in the woods. I tried snapping some pics thru my binos but there was just too much brush and he was moving. I will be back here tonight!

Comment

Keep at it buddy and congrats on the big doe.
                              When are you gonna break out that new bow and start working those muscles?

Comment

Originally posted by shortstroke 91 View Post
                                Keep at it buddy and congrats on the big doe.

When are you gonna break out that new bow and start working those muscles?

Thanks. I'm gonna keep after him as long as I've got the right wind and time off?
                                Oooohhh the new bow.... I really do need to get too shooting that thing badly. With what little free time I have had the last few weeks between family, work, and hunting, I've only shot my hunting rig a few times to keep the muscles loose and my mind intact on it's sight picture. I'm afraid if I draw that other bow out it will all go down hill with my narrow mind!!

Back in the stand now hoping for a dream to become a reality. I killed my buck last year on November 11, so hopefully today is my lucky hunting day!

Comment

Working...
                                X