Best steak cut. You're probably wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
    I always love the "anything over rare is ruined" crowd. I'm a meat eater, but not a fan of grubbing on anything that's still bleeding.
    The juice in a steak if it's cooked rare, medium rare, etc. is not blood. It's water. Just sayin'

Comment

Pat's ribeye, medium rare, is my choice for restaurant steaks too! I've been buying their "7 seasoning" for 20 years or so, and using it on all kinds of things on the grill. 1" pork chops were the first thing we grilled with it, but shrimp and even home made fries are the bomb too!
      At the house, I grill backstrap filets (wrapped in bacon) to just past rare. That's my absolute favorite!

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        I always love the "anything over rare is ruined" crowd. I'm a meat eater, but not a fan of grubbing on anything that's still bleeding.
        There's no blood in a steak.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
          Cattlemans is where i took my prom date before prom good stuff...
          i like NY Strip or Filet, depends on the place cooking.
          Have you been to Cattleman's in a while? We go every few years, because it's such an awesome old place. I always want it to be great, and it's never really even that good. I wish someone would buy it and get the steaks up where they should be quality wise. It seems like it would be a gold mine if they just produced a better steak.

Comment

Best steak cut. You're probably wrong

Saltrgrass......aghhhhhhhhh

Medium........ AAGHHHHHHHHH

Never had Tenderloin........ AGHGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Make it stop, for the love of god my effing head it hurts so bad.........................

JK but here it is done right!!!!

Last edited by Ætheling; 04-27-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Best cut I've ever had was a Beef Club cut from Slovacek's in Snook. I'd never seen them before, and haven't seen them since. Priced like a sirloin and eats like a T-bone and Ribeye made a love child.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                i just bought a cast iron skillet and did my first ribeye on it last night. i've been missing out. that montreal seasoning was crispy on the outside and even though i overcooked a bit to about med well, it was still awesome. i may try again this weekend, looking for medium rare.
                That Montreal Seasoning has made me better than I am cooking a steak for years!

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                  That Montreal Seasoning has made me better than I am cooking a steak for years!
                  Same here, I love it. If you haven't seared it to a crunch you need to

Comment

Go to Sam's Club and buy this.

Get one as thick as you can as far down the tenderloin as possible.

Cut into 1.5" thick steaks, and trim all membrane off the steaks. Normally yields 10-13 steaks.

Dry season to taste, I prefer a local market steak seasoning.

Grill 500-550 degrees 4 minutes per side.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      Saltrgrass......aghhhhhhhhh

Medium........ AAGHHHHHHHHH

Never had Tenderloin........ AGHGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Make it stop, for the love of god my effing head it hurts so bad.........................

JK but here it is done right!!!!

I ordered the bone in ribeye and bob's chop and really wanted to pick up and naw on the rib bone, but the wife gave me that look, and I chose not to...

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        I ordered the bone in ribeye and bob's chop and really wanted to pick up and naw on the rib bone, but the wife gave me that look, and I chose not to...

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m kinda partial to the thick texloin!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2D1862AA-C937-4B64-8A9B-FEBF59531D36.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	24538513

Comment

Ribeye or Prime Rib.......you cannot cook those past Medium Rare, I think it might even be a Mortal Sin.
                            Trust me......you won't get worms.

Comment

Well, we went to dinner last night at Saltgrass and we both ordered our steaks medium rare. Holy cow!! I've been eating steak wrong this whole time!!! I had my usual ribeye and the wife had her filet. Amazing! Now to perfect that cooking temp at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
                                Well, we went to dinner last night at Saltgrass and we both ordered our steaks medium rare. Holy cow!! I've been eating steak wrong this whole time!!! I had my usual ribeye and the wife had her filet. Amazing! Now to perfect that cooking temp at home.

Uh oh!! We didn’t really think you would do it. Better go get de-wormed ASAP!! [emoji846][emoji846]

Welcome to the wonderful world of red meat. Cook your venison medium rare too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X