Best steak cut. You're probably wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
    Why in the world would you go to Eddie v prime "seafood" and order a steak??

Like like going to Chinese resteraunte and ordering a burrito!

Chilean seabass in the lemon butter sauce

Because the best seafood in the world isn't as good as a good steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I see the t-bone gets no love around here. I had a tasty one last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        T-bone here! Medium with no seasoning or marinade. I like to actually taste the beef. (insert thumb up smilie)

Comment

They are kind of......T-bone is a NewYork strip and small piece of filet with the bone still there...so anybody vouching for them are partially vouching for a tbone as well..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            They are kind of......T-bone is a NewYork strip and small piece of filet with the bone still there...so anybody vouching for them are partially vouching for a tbone as well..
            Well heck. I never put all that together. Good to know. This thread has been educational. And I guess I need to start using mesquite coals.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
              Have not found a better steak than one I can cook at home. I like ribeyes and filets equally depending on what I am in the mood for. If you are going to cut the fat off a ribeye you are giving up the flavor. Filets are tender and juicy as well.

What I will say is be it a sirloin, ribeye, or filet if it is cooked past medium rare it is over cooked
              That little market in Ingram where Junction Hwy meets 27 sells some of the best cuts of beef I have ever eaten. Ribeyes in particular. Med rare

Comment

I prefer Pepper Crusted Backstrap!

Yes, that’s deer meat, and it’s not even close to medium, and it is soooooo wonderful it will make you mad at yourself for ever eating a beef steak!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well heck. I never put all that together. Good to know. This thread has been educational. And I guess I need to start using mesquite coals.
                  Life changing change here, you’ll never use Kingsford again.

Comment

Min 1.5" thick Bone in Ribeye (thicker the better), Reverse Seared, Rare+, Seasoned with only salt and pepper with a pat of butter tossed on top at the very end.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      I prefer Pepper Crusted Backstrap!

Yes, that’s deer meat, and it’s not even close to medium, and it is soooooo wonderful it will make you mad at yourself for ever eating a beef steak!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is it cold in the middle?

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                        My favorite is a Porterhouse. You get both the New York strip and fillet in one steak.
                        Like the steak John Wayne orders in the movie "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" before Lee Marvin knocks it on the saloon floor to his utter disgust. I also use the Montreal Steak Seasoning

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          and it is soooooo wonderful it will make you mad at yourself for ever eating a beef steak!!!!!

I'm afraid there is nothing that could make me do that..

Comment

No offense to Salt grass... but wait till you try a TRUE prime steak house.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                              My favorite steak is the Prime Ribey cooked Smedium Rare on my pit over Mesquite Coals.
                              Funny you mention that. All my t-shirts are size Smedium. The ladies love it.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                                For the win!!
                                Yes sir I like that !

Comment

Working...
                                X