Fencing off food plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fencing off food plot

Plan on fencing off a 1/2 acre food plot with with tuff stay fencing 3 ft hog wire has any one done this it would be stretch tight and plenty of t post and big corner Post would it keeps the hogs out?

Yes it will as long as it is done right. The holes come from weak spots and coyotes dig under. Then hogs may find those holes.

May want to go with 40 inch net wire.

Comment

Yes it will. Build good three post corners and stretch it tight.
      Mine is right on the ground and wired on the metal posts to stay down.
      I used 40” and one strand of barbed wire for cows. Barbed wire right at top of woven wire.
      No pigs crossed it in three years. Built a second this year.
      Fairly level ground. On low spots I put some halved pieces of hog panel with lower horizontal wire cut off and vertical pieces driven down into the soil.

Comment

It should work you might have little ones come in at times and may have to pitch some dirt in low spots or put up extra wire so they can't get under. I think it is a must to keep hogs out of food plots if not they will eat it down to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
          Yes it will. Build good three post corners and stretch it tight.
          Mine is right on the ground and wired on the metal posts to stay down.
          I used 40” and one strand of barbed wire for cows. Barbed wire right at top of woven wire.
          No pigs crossed it in three years. Built a second this year.
          Fairly level ground. On low spots I put some halved pieces of hog panel with lower horizontal wire cut off and vertical pieces driven down into the soil.
          This. I've patched holes in my hog wire fence the same way. It's easier to keep 'em out than keep 'em in !

Comment

Thank y’all for the input

Comment

Working...
            X