You never learn to shoot a Trad bow, not really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You never learn to shoot a Trad bow, not really

Went to the Texas championship for the Deerman 3-D shoot this weekend.
    I started off pretty bad and about half way through the first side I got a lot worst.
    If I had to take a lie detector test, I would have had to admit that I had never really ever known how to shoot a trad bow. It felt strange in my hand like I had never even held on before.
    Had a nice Lady give me a pep talk and sucked it up to shoot lights out the second half..... Go figure...... A trad bow is a strange partner at best

Been there a few times myself.

Comment

It can humble a fellow real quick lol
      Glad you turned up the heat the second round

Comment

Marty real nice to get to meet you today...and it happened to me too today..form felt good but arrows were not flying where they were supposed to..maybe one of the worst days i have ever had..but that keeps me coming back for me cuz its always a challenge

Comment

Did you wait around to see who won?

I enjoyed meeting you as we'll, wish we could have shot together.
          Maybe I can make it up to Paris on of these days

Comment

It is a mystery for sure. After shooting almost every day for 6 months I suddenly started spraying them all over the place. I was so frustrated I hung up the bow for 3 weeks, figuring I neded to "start over" This morning on a whim, I went out and shot the tightest groups I ever have , from 12 to 20 yards. Weird and frustrating at the same time...

Comment

Yeah, every time I even think I got this trad thing totally figured out, reality slaps me right in the face and I get served up a big 'ol helping of humble pie!

Bisch
              Last edited by Bisch; 05-19-2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                Yeah, every time I even think I got this trad thing totally figured out, reality slaps me right in the face and get served up a big 'ol helping of humble pie!

Bisch
                X2....I think that a bunch of us feel that way....but it gives me hope to hear that it still happens to folks like you Bisch....that consistently place in the top holes at shoots...

Comment

Sounds like a lot of us never learned.... I got humbled this weekend too

Comment

Working...
                  X