Extreme Roman nose buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Roman nose buck?

I have seen older bucks develop a Roman nose before but not like this one. His teeth showed 8+ yrs old. Almost looks like it could be some kind of skeletal defect. Pics really don't do it justice. Anyone seen this before.

One of two things:

1. He broke it somehow. That's how it healed.
    2. Sometimes, they get Calcium build ups there. I've got a Roman nosed buck that had this.

You'll know when you take all the skin and meat off the head.

Side Note: Look at those front knee joints. I assume you photo-shopped his cane/walker out of the picture?
    Last edited by SB09; 12-21-2015, 09:23 AM.

Comment

That is crazy rounded, never seen it that extreme before

Comment

cool looking old buck

Comment

Pretty cool looking.

Comment

Probably broke it fighting and that's how it heeled.

Comment

I saw a spike this weekend that had this. He must of run into a fence is my guess.

Comment

Old warrior

Comment

Post Mature! Nice!

Comment

Prize Fighter

Comment

This is a 6.5 yr old 200 pounder I killed at our west Texas lease...... Taxidermist said he had broken his fight possibly a couple of times.

Comment

Looks like he ran into Iron Mike Tyson!!! I have one on camera.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Had a doe on our place several years ago that looked worse.

Comment

I shot a doe that looked like that last year. I'm assuming they broke it and thats how it healed up.

Comment

What did his knees look like? We have one on camera that we believe is very old with an obvious Roman nose like yours and his knees look like there's a tennis ball under the skin. Looks like an old man limping around as he walks. His antlers have really gone down hill this year, only a 10"+/- spread 6pt but pretty good mass. Last year he had a bunch of non-typical points but broke everything off except 2stumps by November 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X