rage or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    Im back to shooting mech's myself. But to answer your question on the broadheads. If it is a mech it can fail. If you want a no BS broadhead that is boot leather tuff, flies awesome and causes massive damage check out
    www.slicktrick.net
    Do you shoot with a dropaway rest?

Or use a release?

Comment

Never had any of the problems with Grim Reaper that I had with rage. So far im still shooting the Reapers. Every thing I have shot with them dies quick, mostly pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
        Do you shoot with a dropaway rest?

Or use a release?

I know where youre goin. I say the same thing about a whisker b. All that said i am shootin a mech. But if its got movin parts, like anything else. It can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          I know where youre goin. I say the same thing about a whisker b. All that said i am shootin a mech. But if its got movin parts, like anything else. It can happen.
          I used to shoot Rocket Hammerheads. Awesome broadhead but was a one shot unit...

I'm shooting Slick Tricks now, dropaway rest and a release...

ANYTHING is subject to fail.

Comment

I vote no to all mechs. After seeing a hog my uncle poked with a rage I went out and picked me some up. I just knew I was going to cut a deer in half with one of these things. Well my uncle shot a fat doe that evening and the hole was enormous and I felt great about my purchase. Then the next weekend came around I sent a rage in the cage of a small 80# hog, perfect shot quartering away tight on the crease. Same time my buddy text me and he just raged his first deer on the other side of the lease. We went after his doe first since this was his first deer we were all pumped up for him, after four hours of nothing I mean two drops of blood we went after my hog. Guess what nothing there either. Hoof tracked it into the swamp and found zip. We head out to get something to eat and rethink our shots, leave the lease pull out on the main road and there layes his deer ten yards from the gate. Perfect shot with only a few inches of penetration. Cut it open to see the blades both broke on contact. No more rage for us only G5 fixed blades.

Comment

Any mechanical device can fail, so why not keep the odds in your favor and use one less.

All joking aside, they'll worK fine, but everyone has an opinion. I'm a fixed blade believer.

Comment

AFTERSHOCKS!!!!!! 125 GR 2 3/4 HOLE!!!!! Do not open on contact open after inside!!

Comment

I think rage work well on thin skined critters (turkey, javelina,coyote, etc) But I use slick tricks on any thing bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by dantebowhunter View Post
                    AFTERSHOCKS!!!!!! 125 GR 2 3/4 HOLE!!!!! Do not open on contact open after inside!!
                    I just read up on those. They lost me at:

The design of the Hypershock was engineered to perform like a hollow point bullet.* The sharp tip design pierces the hide creating a wound channel so the rest of the broadhead body passes through.* Once through the hide, the blades immediately deploy.

Comment

I shoot both fixed and Rage 3 blade. I don't like taking a shoulder shot with them but I've always had clean pass-thru's on all shoulder shots. It's hard to argue with these results on this entry wound of a blackbuck I shot.

Comment

Rage two and three blades have been flawless for me for years. Can't say what others have done but believe in them.

Comment

I shoot Rage and Steelforce Phatheads.Love them both!If its my norm(25yd or less whitetail)Rage for me.If I'm hunting a spot where I'm unsure of the distance or size of the critter I'll pull a Phathead out of my quiver.Rage is a great broadhead and Whisker Biscuits Rule Ragin!

Comment

I just picked up the new chisel points, we'll see how they work

Comment

will a rage pass thru a whitetail shoulder

Comment

Try magnus stingers...

Comment

Working...
                                X