Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that is awesome!! Looks good.

Comment

Some of your solutions are so simple that I feel dumb for not having thought of them for my smoker. Like the door latch cutout and the hole saw and then ripping the board. I was over here wondering how to make half-circle cuts like an idiot.

Awesome thread. Learning a lot from you. More pics!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        Some of your solutions are so simple that I feel dumb for not having thought of them for my smoker. Like the door latch cutout and the hole saw and then ripping the board. I was over here wondering how to make half-circle cuts like an idiot.

Awesome thread. Learning a lot from you. More pics!
        Thanks,glad I inspired,just try not to overthink it and have a good time building yours,most of the pics are there.I will tell you this, I kinda wish I would have went smaller for more heat.I only smoke DIY deer sausages. I got a pork belly in the freezer gonna attempt some bacon soon. Good luck and post it when your done.

Comment

Question for you on the construction?

on the vertical pieces did you simply place then next to each other and nail them in? Do you do anything to seal the gap between two pieces as you nailed them next to each other?

I have never made a smoke house but I think I am going to this year.

Comment

That is looking awesome. I just picked up a nice vertical smoker. I may use your idea but instead, just build "house", to put the new smoker in, add vents and extend the "chimney" out the roof.

It should be cozy enough for it and keep it out of the weather. I wont need to worry about breeze direction either.

Very nice looking smokehouse man. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
              Question for you on the construction?

on the vertical pieces did you simply place then next to each other and nail them in? Do you do anything to seal the gap between two pieces as you nailed them next to each other?

I have never made a smoke house but I think I am going to this year.
              I used coated deck type screws,it's all pallet wood so I had to square the sides on my table saw before placing and I went back over the gaps with 1 inch battons.
              Attached Files

Comment

Very cool. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Ok thanks. I see the battons now. In the full picture that you have they are a little shinny and hard to see. Now i see them.

Comment

Wish I had one!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X