Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tachycardia (PSVT). Anyone been treated for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an ablation done for abnormal rhythm. Wasn't that big of a deal. I did bleed a lot from the femoral incision, but that was 3 years ago and it hasn't returned YET... Went in that day, they shaved me up real nice rolled me into a big room with a lot of TV screens and people, Put me under and I spent the night in the hospital. Lots of poking and blood checking that night, but went home next morning. Good Luck

Comment

I had a heart ablation last year for A-Fib. That was the best sleep I have had in a long time. The worst part for me was when they stood me up I started bleeding from my groin where they inserted the catheter. They quickly laid me down in the bed and started applying pressure to my groin. That part hurt but everything else was cake! I layed around all weekend and was back at work on Monday and I had the procedure the Friday before. I have not had anymore A-Fib since. Good luck to you!

Comment

I had SVT when I was a kid.. Had surgery when I was 13 now I'm good to go! PM me if you have any questions.. I got put in the hospital one time with it because it kicked me into A-Fib, but its really an easy surgery if its the same deal I had.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. These experiences match what I've read, that an albation is not that big a deal.

I'll see what my heart doc says Tuesday.
          Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Darn, Devin. Hope you get it under control.

Comment

I was born with my heart racing they immediately took me to another hospital and I was diagnosed with Wolfe Parkinson's white syndrome and svt. I had the catheter ablation first day of school my 8th grade year. Would have two or three episodes a year of heart rate above 250, they said some things to do if it happens is hild your breath under ice cold water or jump in pool the shock may "reset" your heart rate and even sometime just holding your breath can do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A close friend had this issue for a while. I dont know if he knew about this surgery, he never mentioned it. It took a while.for it to happen when he was actually at the dr, but when it did the dr told him if it went any faster or longer.he would probably have a heart attack and die. He told the dr it had definitely gone faster in the past. He was 30yrs old when his mom found him laying on his back in bed, fully clothed. Apparently he was getting ready for work and it happened so he layed down to get it to stop.

My younger brother worked with his dad at the time. When his dad answered the phone and was told the news he fell.to the floor, balled up and wailed uncontrollably. The thought still tears me up.

30yrs old!
                Last edited by miket; 10-21-2016, 05:13 PM.

Comment

My oldest son had an ablation procedure at Texas Children's when he was 10 due to a form of this tachycardia. He's 18 and has had no repeat symptoms. I'm sure you're worried about it no doubt. But man when it's your youngun' u remember what those knees are for real quick like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Treated many an SVT patient in the field, both with Adenosine and Cardioversion. Guess you've gotten your answer as far as the ablation goes. FWIW if it happens again before you get into the doctor I've seen a couple, mostly children thought, convert themselves by throwing up. There's lots of vagal stimulus tricks they try but nothing ever worked as good as an old up chuck.

Comment

Get an ablation before adenosine doesnt work and they want to cardiovert you emergently

Comment

My Dad had the ablation recently for A-fib. His heart rate was over 200. He felt better soon as the ablation was completed - said the whole procedure was a breeze.

As to the calcium channel blockers... I don't like them. I was glad when my Rx was complete due to the physical side effects. Anyone who's taken them knows my drift.

Comment

Glad to see that Devin still tries to copy everything I do.
                          If I didn't think my opinion was right, then it wouldn't be my opinion. So, any other opinion must be wrong, therefore stupid.

Comment

Working...
                          X