Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
    Dont turn around! The weather was nice this morning and the bucks are starting to put noses to the ground!
    Ok. Well I'm turning back around then..Heading north!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
      Did I mention it was a Rage broad head as well lol !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Broad head was too confused whether or not the blades should be deployed because the buck was most definitely maybe should of for sure on the no kill probable shoot list.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
        I am not so sure why people reading this are not getting that there are 2 lists

a "no shoot list"
        AND
        a "shoot list"

he was ON the "no shoot list" and they had talked about the deer being put on the "shoot list" but had decided against it
        Wouldn't the fact that they aren't on the "No shoot list" make them "shootable", provided they are of the 5.5 age? Why muddy it with another list?
        I swear, this thread is more confusing than a set of instructions for an IKEA bunk bed.

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post

Its been reported you shot a deer and aren't on their lease.

You owe OP the lease dues and the deer.

And you're no longer allowed to hunt there. Because you weren't on the lease anyway.

Comment

If I were to hunt there, I'd probably have my lawyer go over everything beforehand and let him sit in the blind to give me the all clear. And that's all I got to say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              If I were to hunt there, I'd probably have my lawyer go over everything beforehand and let him sit in the blind to give me the all clear. And that's all I got to say about that.
              Which is why ranches you're on won't reach their true potential

I bet your an OLD timer

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                Ha that’s funny but kinda true

Comment

I agree and it is on the no kill list plan and simple!!

Nothing about this thread is plain and simple!!

Comment

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    Which is why ranches you're on won't reach their true potential [emoji6]b

I bet your an OLD timer

Dude, take your stir stick elsewhere. I’m not biting. Go troll the newbies. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

What really cracks me up is the majority of guys get on a lease and all of a sudden turn into f’n wildlife biologists. [emoji106][emoji57]
                    I don’t lease.

Edit: I think my sarcasm meter is broken.
                    Last edited by Graysonhogs; 11-02-2018, 01:08 PM.

Comment

If this is the first time this has happened with any of the guys I’d call it a freebie. He didn’t “break the rules” he just wanted to shoot a buck some thought should last another year. Rewrite lease agreements and state “if a deer is killed by lease member that were put on a do not kill list until lease manager approves: you will have your lease terminated without refund”. Carry on!

Comment

This lease sounds horrible. You can shoot 5.5 year old deer but cant at the same time. You can shoot two bucks (one trophy/one non-trophy) but you cant. Sounds like petty jealousy that this guy saw better deer that you or whoever else is mad about it did. Do the guy a favor and kick him off. Maybe he can get on a good lease not full of contradictory rules.

Comment

I mean I understand he is 5.5 are older but we had him on the no kill list . I don’t want to be that lease manager that changed the rules for one guy what do I do we did talk about this buck maybe going on the list because we thought he was 5.5 but never made that clear with all the members the member made a decision on his own and said he is definitely 5.5 and shot the buck without telling the rest of us .. and other members are mad including myself because they thought he was on the no kill list !!

seems like not much else to do ... other than not repeat this part in the future

Comment

Ttt

Comment

That is a different story there being that buck was not on the no hit list! Because apparently he wasn’t ever caught on camera are seen by anyone! If he took it on himself to say yeah he is 5.5 I’m shooting and he turns out to be only 4.5 well that’s another story !!

Just curious. Who is in charge of determing the age once the deer is on the ground in this scenario?

Comment

I just enjoy this forum and brought up something that we had a issue with is all I’m not trying to say anyone of you is wrong are right and I don’t care if you agree are disagree the situation. I’m sorry I brought it up but it is about bowhunting and not any off the wall stuff !!

I think most people are just having fun with you now and by your posts you understand this. I do hope you communicate better in person than writing. Not judging, my writing can be hard to understand and follow too. If a 120 class is his biggest deer ever I think we all know what happened when a 140 class walked out. It’s done, over and can’t be undone. If other members can’t get over it, so be it, let them waste their time worrying about something they can no longer control. If the deer wasn’t recovered hopefully it will show back up on camera and panties can get out of a wad. (<< could be wrong, have not read whole thread).

Comment

Working...
                                X