• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a pic my dad sent me earlier today
    Hwy 157 south of 527 which is in south bossier Parrish

Comment

Wow! That's a lot of water.

Comment

Dang,Lots of damage. I heard Lake Bisteneau up that direction was the highest above flood stage in history. We are at 5" now with heavy rains continuing. I've been stuck inside for two days and it looks like it could continue till Saturday.

Too early to start drinking...or is it?

Comment

Yeah dad is right down the road from the lake about 6-8 miles
          He said it's a mess

Comment

Sorry to hear. No bueno

Comment

Was wondering about the moisture and how bad it was. We've only had 5 inches so far. We need the rain just not our annual precip in one shot

If its working west to east I hate to say your probably gonna get more cause its raining on us now in SE central Texas.....

Comment

We got 11"+ in Harrison co, and I am hoping we will not see the water saturation we saw last spring. Elgato, that is a lot of rain at your place. Hoping the best for u this year.

Comment

We are having the worst flooding in history. Over half our collective 2500 acres is under water. Many people in our area have lost their homes, cars, cattle etc. A good friend across the bayou has his entire 2000 acre farm under water. He lost 2 tractors, a dozer and water is 4' into his camp. This story is repeated all over.

On a brighter note I found this shed today. Was shed a year ago from a 3 yr old and you can see the break where he had a nice fork on his 3 as well. Giving him credit for that ~ 77". He was a mid 180's nontypical this yr.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Was wondering how you were fairing. Hope things dry out for yall.

Comment

Here's what the buck looked like on the hoof
                      Attached Files

Comment

A year in the life of a farm

Elgato, praying for you and all your neighbors. It's bad, but the crests were lowered slightly for both the Red and Black in our area South of you. That may save the levy system by the L & D #1. Frantic sand bagging is underway on both sides of the Red by the Lock & Dam.
                        Last edited by Mr Sid; 03-21-2016, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Will say a little prayer for you as well. The water got in our camp at Larto last Thursday and I am sure it is a few feet in it by now. All our land along the Black River in Jonesville is flooded and it could be in my wife's Grandparents river house by this evening. Projected crest is Wed/Thurs. Praying for all involved!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about all of the damage that's occurring due to all of the flooding. Will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Comment

I am still praying for all of you folks, that flood damage is unreal.

On a brighter note, nice find on that shed... That deer is a STUD

Comment

These four floods have just been crazy. I hope all the deer from your neighbor made it ok. Im seeing a lot of bucks around the waters edge as the river receeds here. Some big ol lumpheaded suckers too!

Comment

Working...
                                X