No announcement yet.

Lane splitting on motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We dip snuff here in Texas. Sometimes we open our door to spit. Probably why its not legal here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixiehunter View Post
      Call me a ****** bag if you like. I ride the bike because it’s more fuel and time efficient in a city that gets pretty congested around rush hour. Lane filtering saves me time, fuel and keeps the bike from overheating not to mention having a car stopped behind me makes me less likely to be hit. I’ve come within inches of being slammed by a truck who didn’t see me stopped at a light. I’d much rather have filtered in front of a car that would’ve protected me. Most cops in College Station seem to understand this and have not given me any trouble when I’ve done it in front of and next to them. Either way, I probably won’t change your opinion and you won’t change mine.
      I agree. You are d-bag.

Comment

if you chose to ride a motorcycle OR bicycle that day, sit in traffic like everyone else, you chose no air conditioning in TX,

cyclist of all kinds and seem to be anywhere now adays think their above the law.

growing up we were told dont ride bikes in the streets, push across crosswalks also, dont go unless crosswalk says GO,etc... not anymore
        Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 07-23-2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
          And I will continue to be an ***. There is 0 reasons for them to do this other than being inpatient arrogant di***. Wait like everyone else. I do the same
          Things to cars who get on edge of the road and try to go around the traffic and then cut back in.
          I do the same with cars, if they get in front of me they knock me back in the line. Then I have to tailgate them and eventually prove my manhood by making a good traffic move and getting back in front them which is almost a certainty. But motorcycles, they don't knock you back and they don't cause your wait to be any longer by zipping through out of the way. So you have to ask yourself, why does it upset you? I'll answer that for you, and everyone else for the "wait your turn" crowd. You are upset because they can do something you can't, and rather than be happy for them and say "hey buddy it's great one of us doesn't have to be stuck here in traffic" you get upset. It's not fair! He's doing something I can't! Even when it doesn't set you back in the slightest, same wait for you. So yeah, you're basically a Bernie Sanders supporter and don't even realize it, or maybe you do. Jealousy causes all sorts of dumb behavior, this is no different.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixiehunter View Post
            I’m not sure you’re understanding what I’m saying. “Zipping between cars” was not mentioned in my comment. Regardless, whether you take issue with how I ride or not, I’ll do what I have to do when my temps on the bike start rising. I appreciate your concern for not wanting to kill a biker. Keep an eye out for them. Not enough car drivers have the awareness to know what’s around their vehicle.
            Not enough drivers are even aware of whats going on INSIDE their cars. We took a trip to Florida week before last for vacation...its the most time I've spent on the road in a while since I usually don't deal with traffic too much. I was surprised at the amount of bad drivers that were on their phones and swerving, driving 10-15 mph below the speed limit, etc...and there was no age that wasn't included. Florida especially had a LOT of blue hairs driving while staring down at their phones it's a crazy world we live in when grown people who should know better are doing that crap

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              I do the same with cars, if they get in front of me they knock me back in the line. Then I have to tailgate them and eventually prove my manhood by making a good traffic move and getting back in front them which is almost a certainty. But motorcycles, they don't knock you back and they don't cause your wait to be any longer by zipping through out of the way. So you have to ask yourself, why does it upset you? I'll answer that for you, and everyone else for the "wait your turn" crowd. You are upset because they can do something you can't, and rather than be happy for them and say "hey buddy it's great one of us doesn't have to be stuck here in traffic" you get upset. It's not fair! He's doing something I can't! Even when it doesn't set you back in the slightest, same wait for you. So yeah, you're basically a Bernie Sanders supporter and don't even realize it, or maybe you do. Jealousy causes all sorts of dumb behavior, this is no different.

Wait, what? Wasn’t some rider in here just saying they like to filter so they can move up and have a stopped car behind them to protect them from a rear end collision? In that instance, how does that not ‘knock someone back in line’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I got my answer, Its illegal in Texas.

Comment

Everything between those stripes on either side of my truck belongs to me, and you have no business in my lane, and I don't want you that close to me or my truck anyway. I don't really care if your bike is overheating, you decided to ride it.

Comment

I do it but not around Dale's Truck.

Comment

I dont lane split/filter and wait my turn in traffic but people may think I'm an ******* when I'm out riding because I treat EVERYONE like theyre out to kill me...I drove mine out to Atlanta for a show bout a month ago and its ridiculous the number of cagers driving around with no clue what's going on around them because they're weaving down the highway at 80mph playing/talking on their **** phones...how many of us are guilty of that?? That's LIFE THREATENING to us bikers!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a bunch of "Im a Bad ***, Well Im a bigger bad ***" to me. I say if you want to play the odds that you'll survive buzzing in and out of traffic at high speeds and are ok with possibly murdering someone you crash into then more power to you. If you want to sleep with the fact that you see someone on a motorcycle attempting to pass you in between lanes of traffic in a traffic jam and you murder them by swerving out in front of them then more power to you. As for me I ride my bike a lot like I drive my truck. Defensively. I don't "Filter" or "Split Lanes", but I will maneuver my bike to a safer position if I find myself at the back of the line at a fresh stop light.

Comment

I was among several folks who unfortunately got to witness a biker meet his maker on HWY 59 this past Friday was 4 weeks ago right before the GRB where the downtown exit is... The guy came by us like we were sitting still (though we were going probably 45mph or so) right between me, my trailer which is just shy of 8 foot wide and the cars that were next to us on our right... Scared the crap outta me when he blew by on his crotch rocket. Well, about the time he got a few car lengths ahead of us some dude gave a signal, moved over to exit downtown on Jackson street (that's a 2 lane exit...) the lane splittin' crotch rocket guy didn't realize it and WHAM!... right into the side of the car... I bet the dude went 20 feet into the air as he flew off the crotch rocket... pieces of the bike were scattered across several lanes and what was left of his mangled body was lying in the gore point at the split off of the exit... My first thought is someone was in such a hurry to get where he was going, that he's not goin' home to his loved ones tonight... Still creeps me out... I used to ride, but the few cyclists that give the rest a bad name do it so well that I decided I didn't want to be a part of that group nor wind up as a statistic...

So you lane splitting/"filtering" (filtering my ***) riders go ahead and continue your filtering... I hope it's worth it because when it happens to you, hopefully your loved ones will think it was worth it to you too.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
                            I dont lane split/filter and wait my turn in traffic but people may think I'm an ******* when I'm out riding because I treat EVERYONE like theyre out to kill me...I drove mine out to Atlanta for a show bout a month ago and its ridiculous the number of cagers driving around with no clue what's going on around them because they're weaving down the highway at 80mph playing/talking on their **** phones...how many of us are guilty of that?? That's LIFE THREATENING to us bikers!!

Coach, it’s life threatening to everyone on the road. Texting discriminates no one when the accident happens. People forget the road is shared by all and no one gets preference. A truck wins it all come collision time (usually).

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                              Coach, it’s life threatening to everyone on the road. Texting discriminates no one when the accident happens. People forget the road is shared by all and no one gets preference. A truck wins it all come collision time (usually).
                              I agree that it is to everyone, but a motorcycle doesn't have 4 wheels, seat belts, and airbags to protect us so our chances of making it out alive are much worse

Comment

as mentioned not legal in Texas, legal in California though not at high speeds. that's still reckless driving.

contrary to popular belief, studies show that lane splitting in heavy traffic (i.e. bumper to bumper) is actually safer for motorcyclists.

for the record, i'm not a motorcyclist. but, i do understand the concept of why it is statistically safer.

Comment

Working...
                                X