No announcement yet.

Lane splitting on motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to admit I am with the play stupid games win stupid prizes crowd.

Do I watch for motorcycles yes always they are far to common where I live. I am also expecting you to watch for me though. I am not expecting you to be driving 70 in the 40 zone where I turn out of my neighborhood. I am also not expecting you to split lanes and pull up between me and the car in the next lane. It’s not uncommon for me to open my door enough to spit at a red light.

Bikers want everyone to give them berth but no traffic laws apply to them common courtesy goes along way

Comment

Far too many bikers are inconsiderate on the road period. That's just another way they show it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dixiehunter View Post
        Not legal in Texas unfortunately. Doesn’t mean that I won’t filter to the front of the light to avoid overheating in traffic when it’s 110* out. You’d be surprised how many people get p1ssed off when you roll to the front of a light and don’t realize that you’re not inconveniencing them one bit. At speed? Now that’s a stupid maneuver.
        Same. Why people get mad makes no sense. Bike will be gone well before that cage starts rolling anyway so what do they care?
        Having said that, never could bring myself to do it.

Lane splitting of course is legal in lots of states, lotta folks are not from Texas and may not realize it's not legal here especially with all the military we have. Not a big deal people.

Comment

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
          The one that make me mad is the guy in rush hour, stand still traffic hauling *** down the middle between cars because he does not want to wait. If I see them in time I move my truck towards the middle to cut them off.
          That's dumb, you're just jealous. What's it hurt you if he cruises through? It doesn't, you're just being an ***.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
            Have to admit I am with the play stupid games win stupid prizes crowd.

Do I watch for motorcycles yes always they are far to common where I live. I am also expecting you to watch for me though. I am not expecting you to be driving 70 in the 40 zone where I turn out of my neighborhood. I am also not expecting you to split lanes and pull up between me and the car in the next lane. It’s not uncommon for me to open my door enough to spit at a red light.

Bikers want everyone to give them berth but no traffic laws apply to them common courtesy goes along way
            I agree, but you do realize its just as illegal to open your door to spit as it is to split lanes right?

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              That's dumb, you're just jealous. What's it hurt you if he cruises through? It doesn't, you're just being an ***.
              And I will continue to be an ***. There is 0 reasons for them to do this other than being inpatient arrogant di***. Wait like everyone else. I do the same
              Things to cars who get on edge of the road and try to go around the traffic and then cut back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                This.......and I ride. Going to the front of the line ain't cooling that bike down any more than waiting your turn.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                Actually keeping moving does help. Sitting at idle in high heat causes engine temps to rise quickly on many motorcycles, especially if it's air cooled. Just the small amount of extra air flow that slowly moving forward generates can help.

Having said that I never do it. It was illegal in PA and it's illegal here. I do not intentionally break laws. I have actually pulled off and shut my bike down in bumper to bumper before so it could cool off. Tunnel traffic in Pittsburgh was notorious for being a parking lot.

Comment

Sitting idle in high heat makes the temp go up on cars and trucks too. That is not a good argument.

Comment

Only legal in California. Which makes sense. Because it’s stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                      Actually keeping moving does help. Sitting at idle in high heat causes engine temps to rise quickly on many motorcycles, especially if it's air cooled. Just the small amount of extra air flow that slowly moving forward generates can help.

Having said that I never do it. It was illegal in PA and it's illegal here. I do not intentionally break laws. I have actually pulled off and shut my bike down in bumper to bumper before so it could cool off. Tunnel traffic in Pittsburgh was notorious for being a parking lot.
                      Then use the parade mode on your bike. That's what it's there for. Most people don't even know Harleys have it or know how to use it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I will not lie it ****** me off....and when people post well I do it because my bike is starting hot....well I could not care less.....I did not force you to buy a bike that could not take the heat. If I buy some old junker car that runs hot can I just drive up the shoulder if I am in traffic? Saying you do it because the bike is getting hot is nothing more than an excuse used by those that think they are better than everyone else and so they should not have to wait in line in my honest opinion.

-john

Comment

Motorcycle, car, whatever wait your turn. Some of us actually go when the light turns green. A bike squeezing in just because can very well be an inconvenience. Usually they end up in the 1ft of space between you and the crosswalk, half in front and half on the side to where you can't turn right for instance. I like bikes, and those who ride them responsibly. I'm darn sure not going to treat them special like so many expect when half of them have the attitude of screw you i'm on a bike and I'll do what i want. I guess all of them are overheating....
                          Last edited by jdg13; 07-23-2018, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Call me a ****** bag if you like. I ride the bike because it’s more fuel and time efficient in a city that gets pretty congested around rush hour. Lane filtering saves me time, fuel and keeps the bike from overheating not to mention having a car stopped behind me makes me less likely to be hit. I’ve come within inches of being slammed by a truck who didn’t see me stopped at a light. I’d much rather have filtered in front of a car that would’ve protected me. Most cops in College Station seem to understand this and have not given me any trouble when I’ve done it in front of and next to them. Either way, I probably won’t change your opinion and you won’t change mine.
                            Your second and third sentence says it all. You ride the bike with the intention of lane filtering because you feel your more important than the people around you. You feel the laws and common curtosy shouldn't apply to you. Its riders like you who make people hate motorcycles. I used to ride and frankly I hate motorcycles now also because of it.

kronik by Diamond

Comment

I didnt used to care about it until some jerk dented and scratched my truck with what i assume was something on his handlebars. The weird part is he somehow avoided my mirror and didnt fall lol. Traffic was at a stand still so there was no catching up so we could chat.

Comment

Not legal in Texas unfortunately. Doesn’t mean that I won’t filter to the front of the light to avoid overheating in traffic when it’s 110* out. You’d be surprised how many people get p1ssed off when you roll to the front of a light and don’t realize that you’re not inconveniencing them one bit. At speed? Now that’s a stupid maneuver.
                                As a rider for many years. This absolutely does nothing to help keep your bike from overheating when its 110 out...Bikes and cars alike, get hot... Offset to the side, behind traffic, and watch your mirrors at all times when stooped. And be in gear, and ready to move to an open spot or out of the way if you have to, immediately.

"Filtering" to the front of the line is a justification you have for by passing traffic because you feel entitled to do so. Lets not sugar coat it.......

Comment

Working...
                                X