No announcement yet.

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why I am contemplating it, I may set up an area next year to target a bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
      got back from the lease yesterday evening. the bears destroyed every feeder we have.

Also found out someone wanted one of my ladder stads more than i do. Camper is leaking. tons of fun.
      That's a **** shame. I pray that these bear y'all keep talking about stay the heck away from me.

Comment

Bears

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
        That blows, the time before last we hand corned and put some rice bran out at a few spots. The hogs and bears zeroed in to the corn. Lost two ground blinds and not as many photos of deer. Going to be up there for opening weekend, hoping to shoot a deer but won't be to proud to stick a pig if one comes in. Anyone buy a bear tag? I am contemplating it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        If the little ******* keeps knocking my stuff over I will consider buying it.....Just glad I don't have pigs.

Comment

Good luck to those who are going this weekend and be safe.

Comment

we have 1-2 guys that are planning on going up this weekend. Ill be up the 7th-10th.

I plan to hit the screemin eagle in snow (now called the HWY 271 freedom tavern...lame name) that friday or saturday night anyone gonna be up and wanna get a beer?

Comment

by the way i get crappy service at best but pm me and ill share my # to anyone interested.

Comment

Texas guys

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
                got back from the lease yesterday evening. the bears destroyed every feeder we have.

Also found out someone wanted one of my ladder stads more than i do. Camper is leaking. tons of fun.
                All of those Texas guys ruining the hunting up in Oklahoma I guess

Comment

im not sure how to interpret that..

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                    All of those Texas guys ruining the hunting up in Oklahoma I guess
                    Sarcasm maybe?

Comment

Well the bears are here to stay, that's for sure. My approach is going to stay the same since I don't hunt feeders. The two we have out are for my two kiddos that have significantly less stand time opportunities (and attention span) than me.

That said, I'll have a bear tag this season. If I run across the feeder repair bear while I'm out rest assured I'll fling a Rage tipped erra in his direction.

I was drawn for Grapevine this season, which is a blessing given my school schedule. I can get a day trip in there on the weekends that I can't get to the mountains. I won't be up to God's country until around ML season so you boys keep the thread hot and updated regularly.

Aim small miss small

Comment

Anyone else get covered in ticks lately? I went up 3 weeks ago and came back with a bunch of tiny ticks on me.

Comment

No sir but my dog did. I have some dip left over if you want me to ship it to you. [emoji12]

All joking aside I did get a couple last time I was up. One seed tick and one whopper.

Comment

i had a seed tick i pulled off me this week.

Comment

wwweeeellllllll!

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                              Sarcasm maybe?
                              Yes, very much so. Cant keep the locals off my place in Oklahoma or Kansas. They think because they grew up there, they can hunt anywhere they want. Hey, I grew up in east Texas, but would not dare go hunt somewhere that I didn't have permission. Much less somewhere that I have been asked to leave nicely. I was sitting in the drive to my place in Kansas and three guys pull up and start getting ready to hunt. I walked up, told them that they are not supposed to be there, and they need to leave. They drove off and parked on the back side of the place. I didn't realize they were there until I saw a 2 yr. old 8 point fall over dead with an arrow sticking straight up out of his back! They had hung three stands the night before and they were all hunting. I lost my mind on these guys. I have only been going up there for 4 yrs. now and hunt on 3 different farmers land for free, it is because I treat their places with respect and help them in any way I can. I can only think that if the locals were doing the same, they would have plenty of dirt to hunt. I completely understand that some of these guys have been pushed out by outfitters and out of state money, we all have in some form or another. But that is no excuse for trespassing and poaching.

Comment

[QUOTE=Daniel75;11733547]Anyone else get covered in ticks lately? I went up 3 weeks ago and came back with a bunch of tiny ticks on me.[/QUOTE

Yes I did 3 weeks ago...... Tons of them

Comment

Working...
                                X