Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
    Sure are trickling out slow.

Quality takes time is what I keep telling myself.
    I feel the same way! Lol. There are some that are out there that haven't made their green screen appearance yet. Have a feeling they may not until there is a dead critter posed with them

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
      Gentlemen,

Here is the latest update, and I wish it was better news. We have still not received all of the long action mag bolt faces that were scheduled to arrive at the time of my last update. We received a grand total of 7 of them. I am being assured that we will have the balance delivered on Friday and that will include the short mags as well. Still cannot get a firm date on the long action standard bolt face versions. There were only a few orders for them in total, so we will call those customers individually the second we know something. We are also overdue on a shipment of standard short actions. We had a bunch on hand already, and those were the last stocks scheduled to be received, so it has not impacted the schedule as of yet.

The better news - There are quite a few short actions working through production at this time. It looks like we were shorted a few S/A stocks from Grayboe on the big order. Did not realize it as they were sending them in batches along with our regular orders, so some that we thought were for the TBH builds were not. They are getting the replacements to us ASAP so it should have minimal,if any impact on delivery times.

On another note, we have been experiencing some issues (especially light strikes) with the Curtis/Timney trigger combo. It is being caused by a combination of very tight clearances between the bolt shroud and cocking piece, and the aggressive spring rate of Timney's sear return spring keeping constant pressure on it during the firing sequence. Basically a series of friction points that are robbing momentum. Only a very small portion of the actions seem to have this issue, and it may not show up immediately. Sometimes just swapping in another Timney will solve it. However, this does not seem to be an issue at all with any other trigger design. Knowing that, we will be installing Trigger Tech triggers on those that are still in production to keep this from becoming an issue down the road. If any of you guys that already have yours start experiencing light strikes, or anything else that seems less than perfect ignition performance, let us know and we will get it taken care of ASAP.

If you have any questions, feel free to call the shop. Thanks for your patience.
      Robert
      Alamo Precision Rifles
      Appreciate the update as always sir!

As mentioned before feel free to take your time on mine as I’m in no hurry and I’m sure others are more impatient then me

Comment

Thanks for the update Robert.

Comment

Thanks for the update Robert. Anyone have experience with the Tigger Tech triggers? I’ve never used one before and was wondering how they compared to the Timney.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
            Thanks for the update Robert. Anyone have experience with the Tigger Tech triggers? I’ve never used one before and was wondering how they compared to the Timney.

Wondering also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

started to look Trigger Tech online. they seem to look good. Never had any experience with them, but the reviews look positive.

Comment

Most folks consider the Trigger Tech to be an upgrade to a Timney. It also has the advantage of being user adjustable for weight of pull without having to pull off the stock or break down the gun. The break on the TT will feel more crisp than a Timney to most shooters. The TT is not adjustable for creep or over-travel, but generally exhibits less of both than a tuned Timney anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                  Gentlemen,

Here is the latest update, and I wish it was better news. We have still not received all of the long action mag bolt faces that were scheduled to arrive at the time of my last update. We received a grand total of 7 of them. I am being assured that we will have the balance delivered on Friday and that will include the short mags as well. Still cannot get a firm date on the long action standard bolt face versions. There were only a few orders for them in total, so we will call those customers individually the second we know something. We are also overdue on a shipment of standard short actions. We had a bunch on hand already, and those were the last stocks scheduled to be received, so it has not impacted the schedule as of yet.

The better news - There are quite a few short actions working through production at this time. It looks like we were shorted a few S/A stocks from Grayboe on the big order. Did not realize it as they were sending them in batches along with our regular orders, so some that we thought were for the TBH builds were not. They are getting the replacements to us ASAP so it should have minimal,if any impact on delivery times.

On another note, we have been experiencing some issues (especially light strikes) with the Curtis/Timney trigger combo. It is being caused by a combination of very tight clearances between the bolt shroud and cocking piece, and the aggressive spring rate of Timney's sear return spring keeping constant pressure on it during the firing sequence. Basically a series of friction points that are robbing momentum. Only a very small portion of the actions seem to have this issue, and it may not show up immediately. Sometimes just swapping in another Timney will solve it. However, this does not seem to be an issue at all with any other trigger design. Knowing that, we will be installing Trigger Tech triggers on those that are still in production to keep this from becoming an issue down the road. If any of you guys that already have yours start experiencing light strikes, or anything else that seems less than perfect ignition performance, let us know and we will get it taken care of ASAP.

If you have any questions, feel free to call the shop. Thanks for your patience.
                  Robert
                  Alamo Precision Rifles
                  Which trigger tech trigger will you be using?

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                    Which trigger tech trigger will you be using?
                    I would suspect it will be the Primary. I've got one in a Christensen Arms and it will only adjust down to 2 lbs, it is very crisp and feels lighter but the trigger gauge doesn't lie. I'd definitely prefer it over the Timney.

Comment

Just got the call earlier from APR. they were working on my rifle and had a few questions. They were just waiting on a part that should arrive in a week or so. I’ll have the man bug grown out and ready when it arrives!

Comment

Just got this for Father’s Day waiting on the rifle now.

Comment

Some great looking rigs gents

Comment

Can I get away with Seekins low mounts on Vortex Viper PST II 5x25 50mm or need to go with med mounts?

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
                              Can I get away with Seekins low mounts on Vortex Viper PST II 5x25 50mm or need to go with med mounts?
                              I have seekins mediums on mine with a 44mm leupold and could have easily gone low rings. FWIW talley said I could use low but I dont know the difference or how each manufacturer measures.

Comment

Got the call today that the new home for my APR builds is ready and will be shipped. Now I just need to find time to go get the guns! At least I will have a comfortable place for them to stay. I ordered this baby at SCI in Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X