Boat Trailer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Take it to ty at texall trailers in Conroe and ask him. Closer, easier and better than McClain and I own a mcclain

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ty makes a dang good trailer!

Comment

I replaced the spring axles on my 22' trailer with 2 new torsion axles with Vault hubs ( 5 year warranty) from Mclains a few months ago... www.mcclaintrailers.com/parts/axle.htm hardest part was measuring to get the front axle straight... I'm OCD... lol I think I was out the door for right around $500. Easy enough if you have a flat area to work and 4 jack stands, they bolt on easy...

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
        If it were me, I would just swap the 3500lb axle for a 5600lb axle. Just a matter of undoing bolts.....
        Another option is having two torsion axles welded straight to the frame. Will be fast than re-doing all the perch hangers/etc.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by PEC View Post
          Tandem would be nice and pull easier but I don’t think weight is your issue. Tons of 20’ boats come standard on single axle trailers and never have issues. Not sure if you have a bent spindle or what but you for sure have something other than a weight issue.
          X2

That size boat can go either way. No question a tandem axle would pull better, but weight is not causing the bearing problem.

If you plan on pulling the boat 100 plus miles per trip, I definitely would think about either getting a 2nd axle installed or buying a new tandem axle all together.

If you end up staying with single axle, you could move the bow stop forward a couple inches to add tongue weight. That will make it tow better.

Comment

Yall never disappoint! Thanks!

Comment

Does it already have a 5200lb axle? I see the spare is six lug but can’t see the axle in the picture.

Comment

Is this the original trailer to that boat?

I don’t think weight is the issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Is this the original trailer to that boat?

I don’t think weight is the issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Yes it is the original.

Yeah after some research I don't think weight is the issue either

Anyhow, I have decided to go with a new trailer. I am going with McClain Trailers for the new one, it will be a tandem axle.

Thanks for all the input. Now the 6 week wait to get it built

Comment

This will be the new trailer
                    Attached Files

Comment

'at's a good 'un!

Comment

I stuck mine on a Coastline.

Comment

There is a dual axle trailer from a Champion for sale on TFF classifieds, $1k, looks like it had a 20footer on it.

Comment

Originally posted by razorback01 View Post
                            there is a dual axle trailer from a champion for sale on tff classifieds, $1k, looks like it had a 20footer on it.

tff?

Comment

Comment

When you go to get it, take some tools to McClain. Half my bolts where about 1/4 turn over hand tight the day I brought mine home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X