? For The Weight Loss & Wellness Experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt_g View Post
    Many folks are doing the intermediate fasting... 8 hours eating- 16 hours fasting. The schedule alone will shed excess weight but if you add healthy eating on top of intermediate fasting, you'll get there much quicker! Not a fan of keto myself, a strict eating schedule and some exercise is where it's at imo
    Small correction: Intermittent fasting. It works, though!

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      Agree. If you are eating clean it's pretty rough to get over 2000 calories in a day, for me anyway. I did myfitnesspal for a while and I would average around 1800-1900 calories on a day and was never hungry and was getting 150+ grams of protein
      This is my biggest issue when Im gaining weight. I can workout all day long (figuratively), but its super hard for me to get the necessary caloric surplus from my foods. After a while, one just gets tire of eating.

Comment

Did Keto and lost 35 lbs in 3 months. Also did not have a sedentary job like I do now. Keto works if you are strict as hell...also I don’t suggest doing a lot of the Keto recipes because they are usually good, have 6-9 carbs, and you will over eat and go over your macro count. Just stick to basics... eggs, bacon, butter, big fat juicy steaks, olive oil, lots of veggies. You will lose weigh and after carb flu, feel amazing.you could lose 10 lbs in a week but it is all water weight.

Comment

Cutting back and eating healthier alone will show results. Add in some exercise and you get even better results.
          Seriously though, all those fancy diet plans can work. But if you are disciplined enough to stick to one of those, you should be disciplined enough to cut back and eat healthy.
          Bottom line is, you have to burn more than you are taking in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            Small correction: Intermittent fasting. It works, though!
            Oops! I knew what I meant

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              Was in the industry for over 10 years, now I'm a coach. Here is my 2 cents.

Skip all the ones you listed. Just pyramid schemes of cheap supplements. You need a lifestyle boost, not pills.

Get a meal prep service delivered, nutrisystem, icon meals, etc. Stick to it. Cost isn't that bad if you eat out a lot. They have really good food, and you tailor it to your calorie needs.

Exercise! Try different things until you and your wife find one you enjoy, then sign up. So many options now, amazon Prime workouts at home, p90x, bootcamps, camp gladiator, obstacle racing, crossfit.

The most effective diet and exercise program for you is the one you stick with.

Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
              I have not read all the replies here, but I can tell you that the post above is pure truth. Make the way you look and feel a daily priority. Ive been in this lifestyle since 2001. Im currently 38yrs old, 222 pounds, 8% body fat, and a 32" waist. Im not a "pro", but I know a thing or two. Cardio is KING in any form. Proper nutrition is everything. Both of you need to get your hormone levels checked as well as your thyroid. A simple blood test is all that is required. Invest in a piece of cardio equipment to have at your home. I recommend a step mill. Wake up 30 min early every day and do 25-30 min of fasted cardio first thing in the AM. You'll be amazed at what this alone can do for you, especially on a step mill.

Comment

All good feedback. I agree with many it’s all about discipline & change in lifestyle & sticking with it. I can be more disciplined than my wife. I’ve done the Keto diet and for me it’s not too hard to follow. I’m about 5-11 and I got to 177 lbs on the keto plan. I tried to switch modes to using whey protein & bulking and got up to 210-212. I got bigger but not as much definition as I would have liked. I’d rather get back to a leaner weight so I have more energy & hopefully feel better. My wife needs a more structured program at least at the beginning until we can get on a better eating habit with reduced carbs & calories. The challenge for us is three kids who want chic fil a , pizza, & whataburger. Just need to meal plan better with kids in mind

Comment

Macroholicsnutrition.com - my wife and I used it for a month and then continued on our own. It works incredibly well

Comment

I've gotten more healthy over this past year, actually since summer just by having an eating plan and healthier habits. I'm down from 301 to 220 (fluctuate 5 lbs.). I've been to the gym twice. Once to sign up and once to cancel. So, it's all about what you are eating, how much and how often.

Comment

You need some David Goggins. Google him. BAMF. Lol

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

? For The Weight Loss & Wellness Experts

I usually weigh around 215 during hunting season and the holidays but cut down to around 200 for the summer. The 215 is mixed meal planning but mostly eating whatever I want from November to February. Around March I start eating a lot of chicken, fish and vegetables to lose the 15 pounds in a month or two. My goal was to not have gained the full 15 pounds during the holidays and the most I weighed was 207 in the am.

from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Black Ice; 01-14-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Try renaissance periodization. They have an app that is $15/month and a cycle is 3 months. They have a Facebook group and you should join to see the results. It’s not wild and crazy, but it works and is doable. I did three months and then ate clean, which I learned through the program, and lost 35 pounds last year. Best money I ever spent. I wasn’t even trying to lose weight. I was just trying to eat more healthy to fuel my workouts better. It did everything I wanted and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                            Was in the industry for over 10 years, now I'm a coach. Here is my 2 cents.

Skip all the ones you listed. Just pyramid schemes of cheap supplements. You need a lifestyle boost, not pills.

Get a meal prep service delivered, nutrisystem, icon meals, etc. Stick to it. Cost isn't that bad if you eat out a lot. They have really good food, and you tailor it to your calorie needs.

Exercise! Try different things until you and your wife find one you enjoy, then sign up. So many options now, amazon Prime workouts at home, p90x, bootcamps, camp gladiator, obstacle racing, crossfit.

The most effective diet and exercise program for you is the one you stick with.

Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yes!

Basically, eat less and move around more!

We have really enjoyed the Camp Gladiator program for almost 2years now. It works if you stick with it and challenge yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                              NO “DIETS” WORK in the long term. You have to change your lifestyle. If you have to pay for anything other than food from the grocery store, it’s a scam. Get some form of exercise (20% of the solution) and eat healthy, well rounded meals at their proper portion sizes (80% of the solution). I suggest writing down everything you eat for 2 weeks. You will see where you can correct your diet.

Good amount of truth here

Comment

Buy an elk tag.

Comment

Working...
                                X