? For The Weight Loss & Wellness Experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? For The Weight Loss & Wellness Experts

My wife is always back & forth on trying different diet plans & seems to struggle to cut weight at least to her ideal weight goal. I’m heavier now and we are both in our mid 40s and keep talking about doing something together. I know a good plan is to diet & exercise. My wife really wants to start with a good boost by trying some of the common programs where people cut weight pretty quick & feel much better in terms of not feeling tired all the time. The ones I’m familiar with are Herbal Life, Advocare, Plexus. Anyone have experience & good results with these? Pros & Cons? Any other programs out there that’s a good quick booster for this? Thanks

I did Nutrisystem and dropped 20lbs in six weeks. Started eating like crap again and put it all right back on. Never exercised at all. I just started the KETO thing and hitting the gym 3-4 times a week. Nutrisystem was a quick loss of weight. The food was actually really good and I’m very picky. I did there promotional plan, but I picked all my meals. They get you on the second order thing. So be prepared for 8 weeks of food when you sign up. I’m
    Considering doing Nutrisystem again just because I don’t have to mess with meal preparation, which for me makes it easier and therefore more likely to be kept up with.

Comment

Was in the industry for over 10 years, now I'm a coach. Here is my 2 cents.

Skip all the ones you listed. Just pyramid schemes of cheap supplements. You need a lifestyle boost, not pills.

Get a meal prep service delivered, nutrisystem, icon meals, etc. Stick to it. Cost isn't that bad if you eat out a lot. They have really good food, and you tailor it to your calorie needs.

Exercise! Try different things until you and your wife find one you enjoy, then sign up. So many options now, amazon Prime workouts at home, p90x, bootcamps, camp gladiator, obstacle racing, crossfit.

The most effective diet and exercise program for you is the one you stick with.

Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Naturally Slim worked for us. It's not really a diet. I lost 25 pounds and have kept it off for a year now.
        Clincally proven to improve employee health outcomes & cut claims costs, Wondr offers a complete health program for weight loss, stress management, and more.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

its easy and free

3500 calories in a pound. Cut out or burn 500 calories a day and loose a pound a week. Cut 500 calories and burn 500 more a day loose 2 pounds a week.

Simple free and almost fool proof. Find a diet or fitness expert that says this is all wrong and fire them if you hired them.

Comment

Following

Comment

I lost 35 lbs in 2 months doing keto. I've kept it off for a year watching what I eat. I will eat carbs 1 time a day usually breakfast when I'm working.. when I work nights I'll do a couple 18 hour fasts. I completely stopped drinking sodas and eating anything with sugar..

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                Was in the industry for over 10 years, now I'm a coach. Here is my 2 cents.

Skip all the ones you listed. Just pyramid schemes of cheap supplements. You need a lifestyle boost, not pills.

Get a meal prep service delivered, nutrisystem, icon meals, etc. Stick to it. Cost isn't that bad if you eat out a lot. They have really good food, and you tailor it to your calorie needs.

Exercise! Try different things until you and your wife find one you enjoy, then sign up. So many options now, amazon Prime workouts at home, p90x, bootcamps, camp gladiator, obstacle racing, crossfit.

The most effective diet and exercise program for you is the one you stick with.

Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It gets a lot of razzing but crossfit is my recommendation. It'll cure what ails ya.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  its easy and free

3500 calories in a pound. Cut out or burn 500 calories a day and loose a pound a week. Cut 500 calories and burn 500 more a day loose 2 pounds a week.

Simple free and almost fool proof.
                  To do this you are going to need to weigh and record your food in an app like myfitnesspal. Most people severely underestimate how much they are eating in a day. This is takes that out of the equation. I did it about 6 years ago and it is amazing how much food it takes to get to 2300 or so calories which is what I needed to lose weight while exercising. Real food will fill you up and satisfy you vs all the processed crap. Good luck.

Comment

Take a laxative. You'll drop 2-3 pounds and feel lighter on your feet. Seriously...it's a jump start. Then eat veggies, fruit, and lean meat. Walk a couple miles around the block. Drink water, coffee, and unsweet tea. Get 7 hours of sleep

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      To do this you are going to need to weigh and record your food in an app like myfitnesspal. Most people severely underestimate how much they are eating in a day. This is takes that out of the equation. I did it about 6 years ago and it is amazing how much food it takes to get to 2300 or so calories which is what I needed to lose weight while exercising. Real food will fill you up and satisfy you vs all the processed crap. Good luck.
                      Agree. If you are eating clean it's pretty rough to get over 2000 calories in a day, for me anyway. I did myfitnesspal for a while and I would average around 1800-1900 calories on a day and was never hungry and was getting 150+ grams of protein

Comment

Many folks are doing the intermittent fasting... 8 hours eating- 16 hours fasting. The schedule alone will shed excess weight but if you add healthy eating on top of intermittent fasting, you'll get there much quicker! Not a fan of keto myself, a strict eating schedule and some exercise is where it's at imo
                        Last edited by Matt_g; 01-14-2019, 08:33 PM.

Comment

NO “DIETS” WORK in the long term. You have to change your lifestyle. If you have to pay for anything other than food from the grocery store, it’s a scam. Get some form of exercise (20% of the solution) and eat healthy, well rounded meals at their proper portion sizes (80% of the solution). I suggest writing down everything you eat for 2 weeks. You will see where you can correct your diet.

Comment

As said above, theres no magic recipe. All it is, is DISCIPLINE. If it was easy, everyone would do it. Skip the eating out, cut out snacking, meal prep, and drink water. Its that easy. I cant speak for weight loss, but I started out at 140 at the beginning of my journey about 2 years ago and am now sitting at 160lbs of lean mass. During this time, I cut out all the bs and just focused on what gave me results. Once you start working out and feeling good from the food that you eat, its hard to eat junk food anymore. Really, just eat right and workout with a heavy focus on the eating right. You can workout all you want but if you dont eat properly, your results will suffer.

Comment

I dropped 60 lbs in 2 months last year living a fasted life. I ate 1 meal every 2 days. I drank electrolyte rich water I would make from cheap ingredients from the store to get my minerals in. First couple of days were tough but I had more energy after a week than when I was eating 6+ meals a day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X