Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much cash have you saved up at one time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NUTT89 View Post
    so did yours. i try and pay cash for everything. house truck jeep mustang 3 kids college funds etc. this is not anybodys business but mine and my wifes.
    So why even comment on a thread if you don't want to share??? Keep it moving.

Comment

Right now I am tryin to rebuild my savings however I'm still at 1.68$

"Elvis"

Comment

7,800$$$ I was single, went on a storm restoration trip after a hurrican to restore power. 228 hours of double time. payed all my bills for the rest of the month and used the cash for my bay boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          Once you have 6 months to a year of living expenses set aside, pay off all that other stuff. We put our nose to the grindstone the last couple of years and got the vehicles done about a year ago and the house paid off in November. It's a great feeling.
          6 months used to be what I aimed for in emergency cash but currently 46% of people who are out of work in this economy have been without a job for more than 6 months. In this job market I'm building up more cash

Comment

The most cash I ever saved was $6k. Bought a skeeter bass boat. Had alot of good times in it. In the long run it turned into a money trap. My new goal is 10k. With my plan I can do it in 18 months without making to many sacrafices. Without a plan and determanation you will never save money.

Comment

Originally posted by NUTT89 View Post
              so did yours. i try and pay cash for everything. house truck jeep mustang 3 kids college funds etc. this is not anybodys business but mine and my wifes.
              Just a thought here but just maybe you could have just not posted at all since you feel that way about it. I happen to agree with your theory but still....

Comment

20k now need more incase of emergency. Credit is Just an extension of cash. I keep a zero balance on my credit cards. I spend most money on credit. But I don't buy unless I have cash first.

Comment

We use " Airlines Rewards Cards " for ALL Purchases and pay off when bill comes . We get enough to pay for several trips to school and home for kids every year . If you are disciplined enough using one for everything it is Great !

Comment

For hunting purposes.....a little over $1600 for an oryx hunt. I started when the rumors did. Mostly just stopped going to the strip clubs or hookah bars with the guys and bars/grills after work. Before you know it....cash added up

Since I found a good deal here for only a grand....we have kept adding to the left over money. My wife really wants to go after a buffalo and wouldn't you know it we now have the money for her to do so. She is just waiting until the next winter to get the best quality hide possible.

I knew I married her for a reason

Comment

Why are people so uptight about money?

I am refering to all the "my business" comments. Seems kind of pointless to even post, but thats a different story. Its just money talk. Not like we are asking for account numbers and balances

I am sure most will freely talk about it around the deer lease fire sipping on a cold one.

Comment

I believe the original thread started out as rat hole money or stash, this is money that has nothing to do with your basics finances, I don't know how much i have saved for this, still have not counted it.

Comment

Working...
                        X