No announcement yet.

Celebrate the life of John "Tuthdoc" Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have read all the stories here and really enjoyed them. Most of y'all have read this hunt of John's last year on his Axis quest but for those who haven't, indulge yourself.

This is how you get it done.

Comment

I met tuthdoc in an archery shop many years back and he invited me to a shoot at banana bend. There I ran into the rest of the familyand all were shooting compounds and I was shooting a recurve. I shot with John ,Mark, Bobby and a few others. This shoot led to more shots then some hunts. The one hunt that strays with there was 11 of us on the hunt at Bandera on a weekend of the horse races and after we had hunted all day we went ot get a room in town and there was only one room this two beds. We stacked all of us into the room for the night it of terrable but a hunt I will not forger

Thanks Doc I'll miss you much

Comment

God Bless John and his family. He will be missed

Comment

I, like many others, have been away from the board since early last week. Didn't see the stickies in my initial browsing of the campfire. Stumbled onto one of the tribute threads and my mind started racing. I though, "surely tuthdoc is ok?"

I immediately searched the board and saw the stickies. My heart immediately sank.

How could it be that the passing of a man I never met could make me so emotional? I teared up in my cubicle reading the updates from the Mailman. Like many have said, he was my hero on here.

tuthdoc represented everything that is right about this board.

The knowledge he shared, and more imporantly the way he shared it was invaluable. He seemed to have such joy for life. I've looked at every tuthdoc thread since I've been on here. I would read anything the man had to say. When he commented on a thread I made, I would be so excited and proud!

I can't even imagine what Mailman and those that knew him must be going through. Just feel lucky to have been his friend. I wish I had been.

RIP tuthdoc. My heart goes out to Mailman and family.

Comment

I don't even know where to start this. I logged on and saw these three threads and couldn't believe what I was reading. I, like so many others have already said, couldn't keep my eyes dry reading through each and every post.

It's hard to believe the emotions and outpooring of love that has been spread across these pages from people that never had the opportunity to meet this man in person, me included. That in itself says what kind of may he was. I, like so many others have said, am unbelievably jealous that I did not get the chance to meet him and share a camp fire.

God bless him and may he rest in peace. May every morning dawn crisp and clear for him, frost coming from the mouth of the old, smart buck that he's once again outsmarted. May his arrow fly true and his spirit live on forever with his family, personal friends, and all the GS family that will miss him sorely.

God bless his family and friends and may he provide comfort to them in this most difficult time.

Rest in peace John, I will meet you in the ultimate pasture some day, and we will most certainly share a hunt together.

Comment

In our prayers...

I went to the viewing tonite for John and was absolutely amazed at the large turnout. When I left at 8pm, there were people still showing up! John touched the hearts of so many people and will be missed dearly. Hunting on the axis lease and hunting at the Junco will not be the same without John there.

Our prayers are with the entire Lee family.

Comment

I'm part of the unfortunate bunch that never got to shake his hand but I appreciated his wisdom and kind words as I got started bow hunting and posted a million (dumb) questions. he will be missed so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  From Bownanza VI

[ATTACH]98070[/ATTACH]
                  I had exchanged many a PM and e-mail with Doc prior to Bownanza VI, but that very spot in that very picture is the 1st time I met him. I sat on the ground and listened to him talk, taking in every word he said and hoping to learn something else new from him.

Kinda weird to see that picture now, it seems just like it was yesterday.

I still do not even know what to say.

Comment

......as found on the handout at John's funeral.

Hunters Prayer

Dear Lord,

May all hunters be blessed with your grace,
                    To all who wonder the fields and forests,
                    May you guide them safely back to camp.

Thank you for the blessings of venison meat.
                    Let the hunters always remember it is a goft from you.

Thank you also for the hunting knowledge,
                    fellowship and outdoor experiences you give the hunters.
                    May they always remember these blessings from you.

Amen.
                    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

First let me give my condolences to the family. When I opened the website this morning and discovered Tuthdoc's passing I was in shock. I immediately called Triple Edge Archery to get some insight. My first contact with Tuthdoc was through my friend and hunting partner John Wills. We were both new to bow hunting and fascinated with the new mechanical broadheads. John told me of this guy named Tuthdoc that was posting on Eders. I also discovered him on Archery Talk. This was long before I even knew of TBH. I would read his threads and thought this guy is on the ball and so informative. I finally decided to send him a PM via Archery Talk and he not only responded, but gave me an in depth answer to my question. An answer that I still have to today. He also answered questions for me about ground blind hunting. In spite of all this nothing was as great as to finally getting to meet him and shake his hand and thank him for his advice. I had the pleasure of sitting down with him and his brother on numerous occasions while we were at Triple Edge Archery. Heck, he was even there on the day Sam and his crew outfitted my wife with her bow offering advice and jokes. I will miss him. He was not only a knowledgable man but a nice person, too! We need more people like him.

Comment

The first and only time I got to meet John was back in the early 80's in a bass fishing club that my dad was a member (San Jacinto Black Bass), I never saw him again until I became a member of this site before the computer crash. I would like to think that I am a pretty good judge of character and for the man to stick in my mind after one meeting 20+ years ago he had to be a great man, his posts on this site will be greatly missed and the great state of Texas just took a step back.

Comment

[ATTACH]98688[/ATTACH]
                          Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Joey, Thanks for letting me hang with you last night. dflores, I was trying to respond to you last night when we shut down, Sorry I did not get to meet you, Mailman, I am sorry I could not make it today, but I will always look up to you, it was great seeing the folks I knew and even better meeting new ones even know it was not good circumstances. I will always cherish meeting the LEE brothers, You guys rock . Mrs Lee was ALLSOME, I wish she would post the stories she was tellin. RIP DOC

Comment

I got a couple....

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000124 (Medium).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	23886527

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000127 (Medium).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	23886528

Comment

Great stuff Gold, My pleasure to meet you last night

Comment

Working...
                                X