Anyone heard from Richard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone heard from Richard?

I may have missed something but he hasn't posted in a month. Sent him a message last week and no response.

What happened to Junkers88?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Wondering the same thing.

Comment

Probably moving

Comment

May be in jail for killing his neighbor's goat. Lol, I hope not!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

The LDPs were too bloody for him.....

Comment

Last I saw of him was him posting he was getting to stay in the San Antonio area.
            He's military if memory serves.

Being as he was up for transfer, he also may have gotten new job orders, that are keeping him busy, or have him away for a while.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
              Last I saw of him was him posting he was getting to stay in the San Antonio area.
              He's military if memory serves.

Being as he was up for transfer, he also may have gotten new job orders, that are keeping him busy, or have him away for a while.

Rick
              Same... he said he got some recruiting job, but got to stay. Probably busy...

Comment

Maybe but we've had members on here posted in the middle east who managed to post occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  Same... he said he got some recruiting job, but got to stay. Probably busy...
                  If he is assigned recruiting duty, you can bet he is very busy. Those guys work long and often odd hours chasing recruits. It's tough work, but great for promotion, just as is drill duty.

Todd

Comment

Kept a watch here, hoping he would post in. Hope all is well. Getting close to woods time, and he had gotten close last season.

Comment

Still wondering . . .

Comment

He's still around, just busy as all heck.
                        ��
                        Richard.

Comment

Found!

Comment

Well at least he ain't dead.

Yet.

Comment

Yeah sorry about being gone so long folks, things have been busy. As mentioned above I've been picked up on an AGR tour with the Air Force Reserve Recruiting folks. Next three years (fifteen if I can make a go of it so I can retire with 31 years of service) are going to be an adventure. We were first told we'd gotten the San Antonio office but that as an error. We're actually up in Austin at the Southwind Mall office. So we had to sell our home and property down south and move into a subdivision here at Blanco Vista. Nice place and an amazing house but no room for chickens, the pond or deer. I do have room to shoot my bow although all of them have remained unstrung and stacked in a corner for more weeks than I care to count. Ops tempo at the new office is extreme and I truly enjoy it. Bright young faces walking in daily looking to join the Air Force makes for a satisfying day indeed. Most likely won't be able to hunt this year although the guy that did our water system has a few leases he's on and had mentioned there is availability to hunt if I can get some time. Heck I'd be happy just to go our and help with fencing and lease upkeep to get "back in the mindset" of bow hunting. Family is doing well and have adjusted easily. My wife is much happier here near San Marcos as there are ample places to go and shop as well as things to do other than take care of livestock or drive an hour one way just to find an HEB. I found my arrows and quiver a day ago (that move really scattered our things in boxes all over the place) and am going to buy a block target and build an HOA compliant backstop for it when time permits so I can get a riser back in my hands after work. Days are long, sometimes 16 hours or so, but rewarding and to be honest the money is extremely nice and a welcome change to the penny pinching we were doing before. I pleases me to no end to no longer have to tell my four year old daughter "no" when she wants something because we couldn't afford it. I made this move to recruiting knowing that it'd be a hard road to travel based on providing a better life for my amazing wife and daughter without which I'd never have had the confidence to even attempt this.

Probably no deer hunting this year but that just gives me more time to hone my now jagged skills into something that resembles traditional archery.

God bless and happy hunting all. I'll live vicariously through your LDP's for another year.

Richard.

Comment

Working...
                              X