No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

four days from opening of bow season anyone going to try their luck on opening weekend?
    full moon high of 79 and a 40% chance of rain sounds like fun as long as i don't get locked in if it rains lol. 4 wheel drive is working but I'd rather not use it out there.

I'll be out in the back of area 4 across from 12 mile bridge Saturday evening and Sunday morning best of luck to everyone this year happy hunting.

Comment

Got a set up in area 4... But going to runnels county lease opening weekend, but will be in my set up through out the week all season long

Comment

S
        Originally posted by kermittxhunter View Post
        four days from opening of bow season anyone going to try their luck on opening weekend?
        full moon high of 79 and a 40% chance of rain sounds like fun as long as i don't get locked in if it rains lol. 4 wheel drive is working but I'd rather not use it out there.

I'll be out in the back of area 4 across from 12 mile bridge Saturday evening and Sunday morning best of luck to everyone this year happy hunting.
        Are you going to be north or south of the highway near 12 mile?

Comment

South side is area 4. But with all the rain san angelo got yesterday I didn't even attempt to get in there.

Comment

has anyone done any hunting out there this year i heard they finally open the gates this wkend just wondering if anyone has done any good yet post some pics if so

Comment

Anyone else hear those jer k offs going ape shi t in the 12 mile area?? Seriously who the h ell does that??? Literally, shot up the entire area with pistols and rifles for no apparent reason... Some people just have no clue how there stupidity can cause an entire evening to be screw ed... Dam I need a drink!

Comment

Hey guys. Anyone know anything about a feeder and blind on the backside of area 4? And anyone had any dealings with the landowners bordering back there close to the dam?

Comment

Originally posted by Rut&Strut View Post
                  Hey guys. Anyone know anything about a feeder and blind on the backside of area 4? And anyone had any dealings with the landowners bordering back there close to the dam?
                  If your talking about the feeder and stand, I think you are, (close to FM2166) its been there for years. I only get out there once or twice per season, never seen anyone when I was passing by.

Comment

No sir, I'm talking about back by the big hayfield on one side close to the dam. I put the blind and feeder out this year. Went out to move them today, and they were gone. They would had to have had a ladder to get the feeder as well as some pretty stout bolt cutters or cordless grinder, so it wasn't a casual, opportunistic hunter. Not to mention they tore down a couple old, old stands nearby, which made me think neighboring landowner.

Comment

Been all around the lake pre-season never saw a blind and feeder set-up anywhere... The dam u speak of... Is it Gardeners or whites dam?.... When was the last time you were there?

Comment

Whites. Last time I was there was opening day. Walked all the way in as I didn't relish getting stuck. So about 10 days ago. Set the feeder in there about a week before that.

Comment

Dam dude don't know what to tell ya... I wasn't back there around that time so I didn't see it or anyone jacking it... And distinctive things about it incase I run across it? Brand? size?

Comment

Who drives the F-250/F-350 white and tan with the four-wheeler that parks at the gate near 12-mile?? I see ur truck out there a lot but never you... Anyone on the green screen lay claim to my description?

Comment

hey check with the parks people i know last year they took all my buds stuff out of there and were pulling down all the old blinds from there too. i hope you find your stuff that really sux too have your **** stolen from you public land sucks at times

Comment

Will do. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X