Are we that stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    I have a family member who laughs at anyone in camo.

hes a bright red flannel shirt wearin bush hunter from way back.
    If it’s good enough for fred bear...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      I'm sure everybody here making fun of folks who have made stupid purchases have done the same at some point in their life. Usually those that know what is stupid have experience in doing so.

Its just like the superstar duckhunters who call everybody Duck Dynasty newbies and laugh at the folks "just getting in". At one time they were the same and looked exactly the same to the experienced duckhunters before them. And once they graduated to experienced, they forget about all the stuff they had to endure, errors they made and stupid **** they did to get there. It's a process of trial and error with a lot of error nobody cares to remember or talk about. The mind tends to block it out so everybody is a superstar..

No doubt this!!!! I can remember a few things I have purchased that still remain unopened, or used once. Those plastic gloves that fit all the way up to your armpit... The cheap butcher knife kit from outdoor edge... you know, the one that comes with a rib spreader!!!???!!! Those reflective tacks to mark a trail.... a mesh bag to hang an entire deer in... doe in a can deer call... and........

Originally posted by Tryton View Post
      All I know is that the butt out tool works great....Ok I've never used one and can't believe someone even came up with it.
      the butt-out tool... Thank goodness I bought that on clearance for $2. I can remember it like it was yesterday... after using that thing, I thought... what a frigging waste of time!!!!

My buddy laughs at me spraying scent killer on my camo and he is in jeans and a flannel shirt. And yes he is a deer killing machine.
      Wind is your friend. The best scent killer I've used is one of those cheap bottles of talc "wind puffers" and making sure that stuff is blowing in the opposite direction of where the critters are. The 2nd best is just campfire/smoke. I feel it's hard to get that spray all over everything... and then, if you do, it is all soaking wet.

As far as camo goes... I'll avoid paying the camo tax at all cost on stuff. The exception is clothes, but even then, I am already choosy about clothes. I avoid all the shiny polyester "scent lock" crap at all costs... It is either wool, cotton, or polyester that is quite and fleece like. Anything that is dull and not bright and shiny does the trick.

Comment

Can anyone find that youtube video of How to kill big bucks? The one they used every gimmick you could think of lol. I tried to find it a while back and didn't have any luck.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
          Gotta be able to pull that $20K UTV
          Your not hooking a trailer up to my $70K rig!!!!!

Comment

All I know is that the butt out tool works great....Ok I've never used one and can't believe someone even came up with it.
            my daughter saw these at cabels,thought what the heck for 6 bucks,they work great but now they have a butt-out 2 new and improved!!lol. most guys and girls i know that hunt and fish have rooms full of stuff that they bought and dont use or r to embaressed to show up at hunt or fishing camp with ,we all r guilty

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              ...flannel shirt wearin bush hunter....
              I was that in the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I'm sure everybody here making fun of folks who have made stupid purchases have done the same at some point in their life. Usually those that know what is stupid have experience in doing so.

Its just like the superstar duckhunters who call everybody Duck Dynasty newbies and laugh at the folks "just getting in". At one time they were the same and looked exactly the same to the experienced duckhunters before them. And once they graduated to experienced, they forget about all the stuff they had to endure, errors they made and stupid **** they did to get there. It's a process of trial and error with a lot of error nobody cares to remember or talk about. The mind tends to block it out so everybody is a superstar..

Truth^^^^^^^

Comment

If we bought everything we are told that we need to go deer hunting we would all have to have a little red wagon to pull to the stand. Example for this year: I bought 4 mineral blocks from the feed store. Two for 12 bucks. Put out next to the $18 trophy rock, the feed store blocks are almost gone after 4 months. Trophy rock still intact. Cameras show the activities on the blocks beat the rocks. And camo? Fred Bear once said the best camo is sit still and shut up.

Comment

Working...
                  X