Tramp Stamp Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
    Yep... with a fusion, they remove the disc...
    There wasn’t much disc to remove...but whatever was there is gone and now a nice piece of PEEK is there.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
      Just kidding.

But I am having unexpected back surgery next week. Things have escalated rather quickly for me over the past month.

I started having left leg pain back in September. I don’t know what caused it. I just know I hurt. I went to the chiropractor for about 2 months, then PCP, did oral and steroid injections, physical therapy, inversion table... finally went for an MRI after no relief. I have a large herniated disc that pressing against my S1 nerve root which causes the sciatica in my left leg. I followed up with a neurosurgeon who relayed I could have deficits that ruin my career if it herniated more. I did decompression and went to an airrosti. They expedited my surgery from late June to next week. I’m going to a second neurosurgeon today for a second opinion. My primary neurosurgeon is wanting to do a discectomy to relieve pressure from my nerve root. I just know I’m in constant pain.

Feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I can barely put pants on to make it to work... trouble mowing my yard... cleaning or picking anything up... sneezing... but Gods got a plan.

If it’s not one thing it’s another.

I’ve been placed on light duty at work. Recovery is going to take at least 6 weeks.

Not looking for anyone’s horror stories. With the severity of my injury... surgery is best. Just send one up for me to the big Man upstairs if you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It looks like you have more than one bulging disc. Theres a couple others that look like they are starting to bulge.

I'm not a radiologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

My son had a lumbar discectomy and fusion about 3 years ago. Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF). They took the disc out and put a spacer in there then fused a couple vertebrae. He went from having constant back pain and some loss of mobility and numbness in his leg to being pain free and regained the mobility. The numbness is almost completely gone. Good luck!

Comment

Back surgery

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
        Just kidding.

But I am having unexpected back surgery next week. Things have escalated rather quickly for me over the past month.

I started having left leg pain back in September. I don’t know what caused it. I just know I hurt. I went to the chiropractor for about 2 months, then PCP, did oral and steroid injections, physical therapy, inversion table... finally went for an MRI after no relief. I have a large herniated disc that pressing against my S1 nerve root which causes the sciatica in my left leg. I followed up with a neurosurgeon who relayed I could have deficits that ruin my career if it herniated more. I did decompression and went to an airrosti. They expedited my surgery from late June to next week. I’m going to a second neurosurgeon today for a second opinion. My primary neurosurgeon is wanting to do a discectomy to relieve pressure from my nerve root. I just know I’m in constant pain.

Feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I can barely put pants on to make it to work... trouble mowing my yard... cleaning or picking anything up... sneezing... but Gods got a plan.

If it’s not one thing it’s another.

I’ve been placed on light duty at work. Recovery is going to take at least 6 weeks.

Not looking for anyone’s horror stories. With the severity of my injury... surgery is best. Just send one up for me to the big Man upstairs if you will.

You described my 2018 to a T, I had surgery on January 24,2019. The last month prior to my surgery I was taking pain pills like they were M&Ms and previously I didn't even like to take an aspirin. The surgery was a huge success, since leaving the recovery room I have not taken nor needed any type of medication for pain. I was sore after the surgery but that soreness was nothing compared to my back and leg pain. Follow the surgeons instructions and you will be fine, after six weeks I was cleared to lift 50lbs+and normal activities. Remember to use proper lifting techniques in the future and do not twist when holding something heavy, these are things we should have been doing prior and it probably would have prevented our injuries(years of bad habits). I would probably ride the ambulance for a while if I were you putting on a SCBA and crawling around could give you issues if you try to do it too soon. I have been in boats and off-roading since my surgery with no issues. My biggest piece of advice is walk early and often after your surgery.

Comment

Prayers for you Steph.

Comment

Let me know if we can help somehow

Comment

Sending one up now.

Comment

Hey Stephanie, when is your surgery?

Comment

As far as drawing a bow, the thoracic vertebrae work would be more restrictive, as the shoulder muscles are in this area. After my first t7 repair surgery in feb of 2016, I was still having issues in the summer of 2018 with bow drawing. Arms had good strength, and lifting was fine, just couldn't get the muscles in the back to cooperate with the bow. A 6" incision in the middle of my back must have went through lots of muscle. Good luck, do the therapy, don't try to get well before the back is ready. And I cannot stress the therapy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Hey Stephanie, when is your surgery?

Right now. Headed back shortly. Got some pain meds on board. Just trying to relax some before go time.

Comment

Prayers for you Steph.

Comment

Prayers Up for a speedy recovery!!

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Prayers Up for you .. I know how you feel as I have a Bulged Disk @ L4/5. Luckily no surgery yet because treatment worked.
                            My Dad had 2 surgeries 10+ years ago ..Much better technology now ..
                            Continued prayers for a comete recovery ..

Comment

Lord I don't know where our sister is in the process of your healing at this moment, but in any case I know You will take care of her and heal her. I ask you to guide all her care-givers and give them the wisdom, skills, and innate desire to do you work on her. Ease her pain, and bring her through a smooth recovery and rehabilitation. Give Stephanie the wisdom and conviction to follow her doctor's instructions perfectly. Help her to a complete recovery that she may continue her faithful service to her community and You Lord. Give her a clear understanding of just what it is that You have done for her and give her the boldness to exclaim it to others. We ask these things in the precious name of Jesus our Lord and Savior, Amen.

Comment

Checking in on Nannyslayer....hope all went well!

Comment

Working...
                                X