No announcement yet.

Smoked Chicken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No brine, but I am wanting to try Kosmos Chicken Soak because I have heard good things about it. I spatchcock the bird so I can expose the meat and apply seasoning directly to the meat, pull the skin back over the meat and season the skin. I then smoke with oak, hickory or pecan until the breast gets to 165.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
      Had a buddy who would slather them in mayo before cooking. Pretty darn good.
      ^^
      Yep - coat with mayo add seasonings - set em on the cans ( no beer left in em- just add water garlic and some liquid smoke to the can)

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
        No brine. Inject with a jalepeno creole butter. Use a rub called Clucker Duster from Sucklebusters. Do the beer can method. Pour half the beer out, add rub into can and cook the bird sitting up on the can.
        Hope you poured it in your mouth!

Comment

When smoking a chicken, instead of seasoning the skin I carefully pull the skin away from the breast and rub seasonings directly onto the meat. I also pull the skin away from the thighs and do the same thing, then put the skin back in place and secure with toothpicks if needed. I smoke at around 225*. I only burn mesquite for the first hour or so - the rest of the time just charcoal. Too much mesquite smoke can make for a bitter bird IMO.

Comment

Spatchcock! Brine overnight let dry in fridge for hour or so or dry with towel then whatever rub you like w/ olive oil, bbq add during and after if that's what you want

Comment

ready to smoke some meat now!

Comment

Used to beer butt them years ago. Then read a scientific article that explained the beer not only didn’t really get absorbed, but it leads to uneven cooking and longer cooking times. Last few times I’ve used the beer butt stand without any beer in it. No brining but the final result is very moist. I’ve spatchcocked a couple birds too with good results.

Comment

Loaf pan after seasoning. Salt, pepper, then use white sauce to keep moist.
                  Mayo, worcestersire sauce, lemon and cayenne.
                  You aint ever had better.

Comment

I'm in the no brine, inject seasoned butter crew.

Comment

No brine for me also. I rub mine with clucker dust from sucklebusters. It's by far my favorite chicken rub. Smoke it at 250-275 range with hickory. I'll spray it with some Cajun blast from time to time to keep the skin looking perfect.

Comment

no brine. salt, pepper, garlic, then put in a bag overnight. take it out till room temputure. we only do the thighs. slow smoked 225 250 for 2.5 hours. mesquite wood and Kingsford.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                          What i use, Kosmos, is not as much of a brine as it is a seasoning that is injected. It pushes foul to a whole new level.
                          Does that mean it's foul fowl?

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                            Does that mean it's foul fowl?
                            Gotta love ya some auto correct,lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                              No brine. Inject with a jalepeno creole butter. Use a rub called Clucker Duster from Sucklebusters. Do the beer can method. Pour half the beer out, add rub into can and cook the bird sitting up on the can.
                              This is similar to what I do, Jalepeno creole butter injection, rub with Tones cajun seasoning and black pepper and brown sugar. I drink half the beer then sit the chicken on the rest of the beer in can and smoke 275 till done.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X