No announcement yet.

Does the media tell the truth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no question. They’ve been caught intentionally peddling fake stuff too many times. Trying to create panic by claiming footage from Italy was in New York. Using footage from a machine gun shoot as “massacre of Kurds” footage. Could go on all day. The main thing Trump has been right about is that media is the enemy of the people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The whole business has changed from what it was in print, selling ad space amongst recognized journalist in the same location of a paper to basically clickbait and stories written to increase your dwell time reading a page. A ton of content comes from the AP which is kind of the mothership.
      Good friend is a journalist and explained that you write/report on what gets clicks or you are out of a job. He also said it’s prudent to report on what your publisher and readers align with or you’re out of a job. Beyond that, do you think a journalist is going to feel real comfortable and write well of they are vegan, hate guns and are told to cover a SCI convention?
      TV and media used to have to work hard to fool us with special effects and it was hard to not tell the truth. Now, it’s quite the opposite, even the Onion, which is purely satire is losing out to the “real” reporting.
      I used to write for some trade journals and got to see the press side of a small, specialized industry. Even that was a bit skewed to particular narratives. My wife worked on an episode of a Bathroom remodeling show and again, while not reporting, we learned a lot about media.
      Even as a company, we watch our metrics on Instagram and cater to what draws the most attention of our target market. News is the same.
      BBC is alright for global, local news is pretty hard one way or the other. It’s fun to ask people which news stations they follow, because whichever one they choose is the correct one.

Comment

The media has an agenda and so do these weirdos trying to become relevant with their homemade newscasts.

Comment

No. Every channel has their own agenda. IMO!

Comment

Forget the media, they lie all day. Real question is can you trust your government. Curfews tell me the answer is no. Its going to get Alamo serious soon. Don Trump, I dont trust either and Im a full on conservative.

Comment

For some reason the movie "The Matrix" comes to mind.

Comment

Only Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon'...

Comment

Nope. Nor do they wait until all the facts are out before they run with a story. A couple years ago a co worker was digging in a dumpster for a murder weapon. They had taken their boots off put on steel shank boots and placed their daily wear boots on the trunk of the car. The media ran with a story they made up saying it was the suspects boots and belong to an adult male. Far from the truth. But gotta be the first one to say something, who cares if it’s right.

Comment

No. George Soros has taken over the Main stream Media with his $$ and all of the Organizations that he funds. What I can’t figure out is why he wants The U.S. to fail so bad.
                    Last edited by lilavidhunter; 04-05-2020, 06:33 PM. Reason: .

Comment

I think George Soros wants to take over the power vacuum when the US fails.

And btw, NO.
                      Last edited by TexasBear; 04-05-2020, 06:49 PM.

Comment

NO!

Comment

No...real journalism these days is few and far between. Its more of a loss or morals and principles that caused the demise.

If you were taught neither....you will do and say whatever you have to for a paycheck

Comment

No not all the time

Comment

Watch this. 30 minutes but it’ll open your eyes.

Comment

Does the media tell the truth?

Sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X