Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good start

Comment

Looks like you have a good idea as to what you are doing. Only major issue I see so far is that you posted 4 pictures of a current construction project and there is not a single beer can in any of the pictures, which means there is no way that building will ever be square

LOL, looks good

Comment

I got all of the trusses built today. I made a truss jig as found in the plans. I cut the trusses all to the same angle. When I stood them up side by side it didn't look pretty. Plans say to stagger and use the tallest in the center and the shortest on the sides. I had maybe 1/2" of variance in the height. I also framed the gable ends. I now have to frame in the door later in the week because I ran out of wood tonight. I put the siding on the rear gable. I was within 1/8" of square and the siding still didn't go on perfect. There must be a trick to lining it up but I didn't figure it out. Good thing this is the back side. I cut all of the studs and cut my plates for both of the side walls. I had to wrap it up tonight. I hope to have a few hours Wednesday evening to work on the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by thegrouse; 04-22-2018, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Got a chance to do a little tonight. I finished the gable end wall that has the door. It is complete and trimmed out, I will just need to cut out the door once I stand the walls. I began work on the sidewalls tonight. I got one side framed and sheeted but not completely nailed. I ran out of time. I should be able to devote 2-3 hours to the project Saturday morning and hopefully get a decent work day in Sunday.

Last edited by thegrouse; 04-26-2018, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I was going to put a ridge vent on. The roof line will be 12" anyone know if I should get 12' of ridge vent or will 4' or 8' suffice?

Comment

Hey, you've got some skills! Good job

Comment

Got 4 hours in this am. Too many shiners for me but I think I can cut them off and renail.

Comment

Lookin good so far. oughta be done soon. 4 walls & a roof.

Comment

looking good!

Comment

Congrats on your project, looking good.

Comment

Had a long work day Sunday and a few hours yesterday. Ended up with a 4’ ridge vent and I built shelves inside. I used solar board for roof sheeting to help with the heat inside. I need to finish painting it this weekend

Comment

Looks good! I need to do one in my backyard now!ha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Looks good. Now that's how to start a thread with a good ending on your part.

Comment

My girlfriend finished painting it today. Total for a 8x12 came out to $1323.09 in materials and 52.5 man hours of labor. This is not including the child labor I was able to exploit . This does not include the time watching Youtube videos learning how to build.

Comment

Working...
                                X