No announcement yet.

Which pistol caliber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you add cost of ammo, 9 wins every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      From where?
      Whoever has it cheapest when I need to order more. This month was sportsman guide for sellier and bellot, usually it's that, fiocchi, or wolf gold.

Other websites I usually order from are natchez shooting sports or brownells.

There's a few websites that will compile current prices for different sites

Comment

Comment

I just did this, got rid of all my .40 stuff and just have 9 now, so Glock 17 and S&W shield and Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in 9mm for my BOB with a host of Glock 31 round mags.

Comment

Two ways to be stopped by bullets. Bleed out or Sever Spinal cord! If anyone stops for any reason other than that it's because they gave up to shock factor and not because the bullet actually stopped them. I go for more ammo accurate shots that matter and what best available. 9mm for me. I carried a .40 for 15 years as and officer and love that round as well. However if I was going into battle I would be deadly to many with a .22 vs anything else. Just my .2cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

EDC for me is a Glock 20 10mm. I don't plink a lot with it so ammo price means nothing to me.

But I would like to own a 9mm and keep it tucked away in the safe just bc the round is so common. Its probably good to have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Blownshelby View Post
                Sell, sale, sail me all your .40’s
                Make me an offer I can’t refuse
                Ca$h speaks
                ��
                you forgot cell

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                  40, easy to shoot, comes in small frame guns like a 9. Capacity close to 9, but much more available power when needed. I use a book 40 load that does 440 FPE out of a 3 inch gun, that is more than a 9s do out of 5 inch guns. Out of a 5 inch guns, it does 600 fpe. With the FBI model, 9, 40, and 45, are about the same in their results because they are designed to meet a specific goal. Whn you decide to do something not in line with that goal, (hunting, max penetration, wfn leads, high energy loads, etc.) the 40 really starts to shine. You can always load a 40 down to 9, but you cant load a 9 to 40 power, case capacity and bullet weight just don't allow it. However if a 9 will probable serve you well too. Good luck

If your going to use a pistol for hunting you might as well go to 10mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    If your going to use a pistol for hunting you might as well go to 10mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No need with 600 FPE out of my 40 and don't have to buy an extra pistol with a large frame. If I am pistol hunting "for real" I use a revolver, cause there are no autoloaders that equal revolvers for hunting. Don't say T/C is better cause I would just use a rifle :-)

I have always felt the 10mm is overrated. It is a pistol that requires a large frame so easy concealed carry is out the window and it falls way short of any mag revolver for hunting. Well, maybe not a 327 mag or something like that, but 357 up has more umph

Also the op is looking to consolidate and you can get a 40 in guns as small as a shield/xds or as big as an XDM/glock 35 and I think there is a 6 inch glock too. That allows for a lot of versatility in a cartridge. While he didn't say he specifically wanted a hunting pistol the 40 can fill that roll better than a 9 IMO.
                    Last edited by RJH1; 02-09-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                      No need with 600 FPE out of my 40 and don't have to buy an extra pistol with a large frame. If I am pistol hunting "for real" I use a revolver, cause there are no autoloaders that equal revolvers for hunting. Don't say T/C is better cause I would just use a rifle :-)

I have always felt the 10mm is overrated. It is a pistol that requires a large frame so easy concealed carry is out the window and it falls way short of any mag revolver for hunting. Well, maybe not a 327 mag or something like that, but 357 up has more umph

Also the op is looking to consolidate and you can get a 40 in guns as small as a shield/xds or as big as an XDM/glock 35 and I think there is a 6 inch glock too. That allows for a lot of versatility in a cartridge. While he didn't say he specifically wanted a hunting pistol the 40 can fill that roll better than a 9 IMO.
                      wrong,,, do some research, full power 10mm walks all over the 357 and in some loads is equal to the 41 magnum,, if you don't care for it that's fine its not for everyone,,, but some of us know the difference

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                        wrong,,, do some research, full power 10mm walks all over the 357 and in some loads is equal to the 41 magnum,, if you don't care for it that's fine its not for everyone,,, but some of us know the difference

Interesting, buffalo bore ammo, know for loading full power ammo in just about everything, has top loads of 357 with more energy thanttheir 10mm. Look at the website and let me know if there is any factory 10mm that beats the buffalo bore 357. So surprisingly, I did some research, but maybe you can find something with power and enlighten me. I like to be enlightened

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                          Even Corbon doesn't come close, you are not just 10mm fanboying me are You?

Comment

.40 for me, my wife shoots 9mm. when I carry it is a G23, or a 1911 in .45. the 1911 is easier to shoot well, but the Glock has a higher capacity. I don't think I could just have 1 pistol. I could get down to 3 though. .22 Ruger auto, .45 1911, or G23 in.40, and .44 mag in my Ruger Super Redhawk. .22 and the .44 for hunting, and the 1911 and Glock for carry.

Comment

9mm for capacity

Comment

9mm

Comment

Working...
                                X