• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added some cool military stuff to my collection this weekend

Vietnam tanker helmet, and some knives

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Cool. Thank for sharing

Comment

OP, what is the story on the machete? I have the exact same one left to me by my grandpa.

Comment

The blade is 3/16 thick,It was at a moving sale and he told me it all belonged to his uncle..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Think I have the same machete too. Not sure where my dad got it. Maybe back in the day when Academy actually sold surplus, if anyone remembers that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was always curious how old it was. I was told French Foreign Legion or WW1 US. You can tell by the ancient bolts holding the handle to the blade that is very very old. I would think late 19th century.

Comment

It's like a big meat cleaver ...I thought machetes were supposed to be lightweight

Comment

Very cool finds!
                Originally posted by 10132297 View Post
                The blade is 3/16 thick,It was at a moving sale and he told me it all belonged to his uncle..
                Do you know anything more about the uncle? Any chance there might be more letters in the last name? My last name is Plemmons.

Comment

Clemmons is engraved in the other side..and it looks like S.R.plemmons

Comment

Correction....it is Plemmons not Clemmons

Comment

Correction....it is Plemmons not Clemmons
                      Very cool. Doesn't match up to any of my immediate relatives.

Comment

It's like a big meat cleaver ...I thought machetes were supposed to be lightweight
                        Yeah, I think that thing was designed to take off limbs and heads. It is just a giant meat cleaver.

Comment

I would gladly return it to family member that cared about it...i would never part with my families military relics...I have other German military relics and pictures in my collection with names on them and wonder about who they were and what happened to the families

Comment

Sent you a PM about a possible match I found on Whitepages.com. Not a relative of mine but a name match and he lived in Oceanside at one time.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                              X