Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    speed limits are also Texas state law
    It's crazy, most have already admitted driving WELL over the speed limit and TAILGATING, if not on this thread the dozens of other threads. Yet they come here to tell you that you are breaking the law. It's hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      He’s entitled. He has no interest in being courteous because he by God has a right to be in the fast lane!
      Same type of person who will pump gas and be finished but sit there on his phone tying up the pump.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        Yet they come here to tell you that you are breaking the law. It's hilarious!

Wrong, they are coming here to complain about the people who refuse to simply move over, when it’s such an easy, thoughtful, inexpensive thing to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It's crazy, most have already admitted driving WELL over the speed limit and TAILGATING, if not on this thread the dozens of other threads. Yet they come here to tell you that you are breaking the law. It's hilarious!
          It really is ironic isn't it? Some think they are entitled to the passing lane (it isn't the "fast" lane) and don't want you slowing them down from exceeding the limit, yet want the law enforced for lawful use of the left lane. No where in the law is it stated that you can exceed the speed limit, left lane or otherwise. Traffic that is going slower than the limit should be in the right lane, which infers that traffic doing the limit can pass those slower vehicles, by using the left lane to pass the slower traffic (and then move back to the right....completing your passing maneuver.) I don't see that happening much either. And courtesy works both ways in that don't tailgate me and I'll move over when I can safely do so.

Comment

To add to this rant, I hate people that do not know how to use a cruise control. People that fly by you doing 90, pull over in front of you and before long they are doing 60 in front of you and as you go to pass them, they speed up to get back in front of you or let you pass and pull over in the right lane and then come flying by you again and repeat this process.

I know it is also rude, inconsiderate and dangerous, but if someone is in the passing lane doing 5 mph under the speed limit and right beside another driver doing the same speed, I will get right on their bumper and stay there until they move over.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
              Yep if you’re going the speed limit stay in the right lane unless passing someone else. ****** me off people just cruising along side by side blocking the road.

The ones that get me are the ones doing 85 then complain about me doing 75-77 in the left lane passing someone. Or the ones doing 85 covering 3 lanes of traffic. One trip to Texas children’s hospital reminds me why I’m glad I don’t live in Houston.

Comment

I think some of you arguing back and forth actually agree on a few points.

The left lane is the passing lane. It's not the lane for -
                - Someone to be leisurely cruising at the same or lower rate of speed as the right hand lane

- Someone to take 10 minutes (or a few miles) to pass a few cars.

- After passing, you should move back over to the right hand lane

I would also agree that if someone is trying to pass a few cars and isn't taking forever to do so, you shouldn't tail gate them. I'm all about left lane is for passing, but I don't care for someone riding my arse when I'm going 80 plus passing some cars.

Seriously, what drives me up the wall more than anything is the 18 wheelers that take several miles to pass another truck.

I also hate the idiot that flies up on my arse, then I proceed to move over and they proceed to slow down and just about match speed with me.

Comment

Is anyone here.........

REALLY going to change anyone else's viewpoint?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    So who are you not buying for? The guy who drives like a maniac and tailgates or the guy who tries to drive safe?

I haven't seen a single poster that said they block traffic on purpose. Just seems like a bunch of people get ticked off at tailgaters when they don't give them enough time to get over.

Can't believe you guys throwing around "common courtesy" "common sense" etc are that dense.

This is the second time you have called me out in this thread.

Try reading the thread again

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Take the law out of it. If we're both breaking the law then the penalties offset. It's just a matter of being courteous, and using a system that allows traffic to proceed in the most efficient manner possible.

It's just like when 2 lanes merge into 1, and there are signs starting a mile back to let you know. If everyone begins to work together to get merged in it can be nothing but a slow down. But there's the *******s who have to run all the way to the end and make everyone stop because they're too stupid to know how this works. Nowdays they act like I'm the ******* for not letting them in...which I don't.

As far as driving 90 and tailgating, I don't do that....anymore. But I do drive as fast as I think I can get a way with.....5-8 over, mostly because I'm impatient. I'm not trying to win any races or prove anything, I just have a lot of places to go during the day and the quicker I get there the quicker I can get on to the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Take the law out of it. If we're both breaking the law then the penalties offset. It's just a matter of being courteous, and using a system that allows traffic to proceed in the most efficient manner possible.

It's just like when 2 lanes merge into 1, and there are signs starting a mile back to let you know. If everyone begins to work together to get merged in it can be nothing but a slow down. But there's the *******s who have to run all the way to the end and make everyone stop because they're too stupid to know how this works. Nowdays they act like I'm the ******* for not letting them in...which I don't.

As far as driving 90 and tailgating, I don't do that....anymore. But I do drive as fast as I think I can get a way with.....5-8 over, mostly because I'm impatient. I'm not trying to win any races or prove anything, I just have a lot of places to go during the day and the quicker I get there the quicker I can get on to the next one.
                        But they (The Speeder/Tailgaters) are not taking the law out of it. It their justification for doing it. . They say move! You're breaking the law! Get it? They obviously don't.

Comment

But they (The Speeder/Tailgaters) are not taking the law out of it. It their justification for doing it. . They say move! You're breaking the law! Get it? They obviously don't.

I'm breaking the law, you're breaking the law, who cares. If you're holding up traffic in the left lane and he's tailgating you, you're both being jackasses. The most common sense solution is for slower traffic to keep right, and use the left lane for passing only....it's really simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm breaking the law, you're breaking the law, who cares. If you're holding up traffic in the left lane and he's tailgating you, you're both being jackasses. The most common sense solution is for slower traffic to keep right, and use the left lane for passing only....it's really simple.

Yup,..and get the **** outta my way.

Comment

You and I understand that, but many on this thread do not.

Comment

Working...
                              X