Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    Only flew one time. Nobody asked me to give up my seat. If they had they wouldn't have made me look like an idiot by dragging me off of it like a dead deer either though.

After watching the video and reading this I can't stop laughing.

Good Lawd please forgive me

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
      Anyone wanna wager....i'll say United stock won't drop a $1 between now & end of 2nd qtr....any takers?
      UAL is down over 4% in pre-market trading. Down $2.89 per share.

United Continental Holdings, Inc. (UAL)

71.52+0.64 (+0.90%)
      At close: Apr 10 4:00PM EDT

68.63 -2.89 (-4.04%)
      Pre-Market: 5:43AM

Comment

Anybody saying that what the airline did was right....................well ,the CEO disagrees with you.

DJ

Comment

Boycott, boycott....

Nah not really. IAH is my airport and I'm loyal to United because I can get direct almost anywhere work needs me. Bad situation but the guy brought it on himself. It escalated and spun out of control. Most know to keep your mouth shut in the plane and comply. Now he's the belly dragged down the aisle..

See you in the United Club before the next flight folks.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
            Or simply make other arrangements for their dead-head crew, or up the offer for compensation until someone accepts. Barring insurrection, United's action was unjustified, and -- I guarantee you -- will cost them hundreds of times more than $800.

So, it really was a calculated business decision on United's part: they drew the line at offering $800 to make room for an extra flight crew (apparently not planned well-enough in advance) to get them to Louisville for another flight. That business choice will have considerable reverberations for them, their stock-holders and probably the industry. It will not surprise me to see changes sought and imposed on such practices by an airline regarding seating space. Then certain passengers will need to re-read the fine print on those industry standard contracts of carriage that they seem to so gleefully flout as a badge of honor.
            Right now the markets are costing them 4% of their 22.5 billion market cap. That's 900 million or 1,125,000 times more than the $800 LOL So it's costing them a little more than someone here thinks it will.

Last edited by RiverRat1; 04-11-2017, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Just heard a legal talking head explain the airline did not have the right to remove him because the flight was not overbooked and the police/security people did not have the right to use force simply because they were told to do so. After it is all said and done, the guy is going to be set for life.

Comment

Lol...they do plan. That plan includes %'s for delays, no shows, cancellations, standby, etc.....all factor into that plan...if they only sold the seats on the plane airfare would be unaffordable for alot of folks & 5-10% of each plane's seats would be empty
                That's not our problem, if they can't do it right get the HELL out of business!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS903 View Post
                  Just heard a legal talking head explain the airline did not have the right to remove him because the flight was not overbooked and the police/security people did not have the right to use force simply because they were told to do so. After it is all said and done, the guy is going to be set for life.
                  There were 2 wrongs - United got the Authorities involved, and once that happens, the passenger should have complied with requests of the Officers. The plane is private property. No grown man should react to Authority in this manner.

If it is vital to business to have those employees elsewhere, then United should have kept making offers to compensate a willing Customer.

Comment

I'm guessing the man is going to get paid as he should. Hopefully their will be some policy change coming.

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                      Simple. A lot of people don't have back bones.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                      A lot of people aren't criminals.

Comment

The airline had every right to remove whoever they want from their plane for any reason (other than descrimination). The guy became a criminal when he resisted like he did.

Whether you agree or disagree with it it's their right. Read the agreements you sign in getting a ticket.

Can you imagine the responses here if it was a gang banger refusing to exit the plane???

Comment

[quote=jer_james;12345744]There were 2 wrongs - United got the Authorities involved, and once that happens, the passenger should have complied with requests of the Officers. The plane is private property. No grown man should react to Authority in this manner.

If it is vital to business to have those employees elsewhere, then United should have kept making offers to compensate a willing

Comment

I dont think that passenger deserves anything and i dont think anyone deserves to be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS903 View Post
                              And some folks may lose their jobs

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                              There were 2 wrongs - United got the Authorities involved, and once that happens, the passenger should have complied with requests of the Officers. The plane is private property. No grown man should react to Authority in this manner.

If it is vital to business to have those employees elsewhere, then United should have kept making offers to compensate a willing Customer.
                              Agreed

Comment

I'll take that bet & double it!! They won't pay him a dime besides a voucher to use on another flight, a food voucher, maybe some airline mile or a gift card if he has some lower level of status & rebook him on the next available flight. Even with diamond status on delta for 10+ consecutive years, an annual pricing contract in place & being a 1M miler...i wouldn't receive any better.

Without reading or hearing about it in the news....how do you suggest we decide who won the wager?
                                FIFY.....https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9EJYxSUMAA5mrS.jpg
                                Last edited by Hydestik; 04-11-2017, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X