Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backyard Make over with pool and kitchen......and all the crap that goes with it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. Bring on the sun.

Comment

Any new updates been thinking about building a pool myself.

Comment

Now you just need Solar powered hot water for the pool. It's amazing!!!

Comment

Looking good. We have had our pool put in about 15 years. Still love it. Kids are not around to use it anymore, but as long as I heat it up the wife will get in. My next project is a outdoor TV area with bar.

I can tell you though, you need to plant some big shrubs to keep the neighbor from watching you skinny dip. LOL

Comment

Sorry for the lack of updates I've been working a lot and with this weather when I'm home I work till midnight or so and no down time.
            Here's where we had been going on: this is the pool company doing the aqua bright

New board on board fence in the works

My wife cleaning out the trench I dig to get electrical and speaker wire to the pergola. She a good helper

Fenced in enclosure around the pool equipment and AC. I will be installing a Rubbermaid cabinet to get pool supplies in so that is the reason it's 6ft high, instead of 4ft.

A few pics after we laid 6 pallets of Bermuda. It's coming together but it's a lot of small stuff to get finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
              Looking good. We have had our pool put in about 15 years. Still love it. Kids are not around to use it anymore, but as long as I heat it up the wife will get in. My next project is a outdoor TV area with bar.

I can tell you though, you need to plant some big shrubs to keep the neighbor from watching you skinny dip. LOL

My wife had the same thought but I say if they wants to peek let em, he might learn a thing or two. [emoji6]

Comment

Update: Well I'm rethinking my support for Trumps border wall, because laying stone is an arse whopping. Lol. I'm glad I did it to know I could and I'm happy with the finished product but it took me about 10 hours of labor and I know some guys that would've had that knocked out in about 3. That's an art and much respect to the men that can do that day in and day out.

And for tips I only have one, if you're gonna do stone work this tool is worth its weight in gold. I didn't acquire it until I was just about done but it would have saved me a lot of cutting and chiseling.

Granite is being measured right now and hoping for install on Friday.

Comment

While I was setting stone the wife and father in law started on one of two flower beds. They did a good job I'm thankful she likes to get involved.

Comment

Make sure you wrap those majesty palms in the winter if there's a freeze coming! I didn't think you could kill them but this small freeze we had this past year did it. Killed my queen palms too. Pool looks great man!

Comment

Thanks Quack we will be sure to get them wrapped

Comment

I would get some of that metal fireplace edging from home depot and put it inside your stone flower bed border. It really helps keep the dirt from creeping between the stones, which helps keep grass and stuff out of there, and it will keep the soil from slowly pushing those stones outward over time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I would get some of that metal fireplace edging from home depot and put it inside your stone flower bed border. It really helps keep the dirt from creeping between the stones, which helps keep grass and stuff out of there, and it will keep the soil from slowly pushing those stones outward over time.

Copy that I'll make that happen bud

Comment

just trying to get an idea of size, what were the dimensions of the pool AND your yard? checking to see what my side yard could handle....

looks great and love the outside kitchen!

Comment

That looks nice!

Comment

Looking good my friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X