No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't hunted corn fields yet, but I will alot this summer.

In standing corn, can you still pick up hogs in the middle with a good thermal?

Comment

Got the photon dialed in on the 7.62x39.
      Three shots low center. Adjusted per instructions. Next three were about 1" high at 100. Just where I want it. Three shot groups in all the small diamonds.

My 6 yr old son got in on the action also. Had him do his shooting @ 50 yards.
      He is itching to shoot a pig.

Real impressed with this scope so far. Easy to operate and learn. Fun to use. Can't wait to use it at night on something. I don't care if its rabbits. Lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great shooting Adam, I love to pics and great job on getting the young ones out there shooting at well. I appreciate the business and I'm ready to see some pics of dead hogs!

Comment

Smoked this big sucker on my buddies place in Freestone Co last night. He went down hard with Winchester 150 gr Deer Season 300 BO ammo. Both shots exited. Thinking that may be my new favorite ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So has anyone used one of these bulbs in a Wicked Lights W402ZF as an IR illuminator? I have ran this light for a couple years as a red/green/white light and have been very impressed with it. I am thinking that for just a $30 add on to that light, it would make a really strong NV illuminator. I ordered one today anyways, I figure a guy can't go too wrong for $30. I should have me a Photon 6.5 here in about 2-4 weeks or so.

Predator Hunting and Calling Superstore. Quality Coyote, Hog, and Predator Hunting Electronic Calls, Mouth Calls, Night Hunting Lights, Hunting Supplies, Optics and Gear. We Offer Fast Shipping, Great Prices and Knowledgeable Staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
              So has anyone used one of these bulbs in a Wicked Lights W402ZF as an IR illuminator? I have ran this light for a couple years as a red/green/white light and have been very impressed with it. I am thinking that for just a $30 add on to that light, it would make a really strong NV illuminator. I ordered one today anyways, I figure a guy can't go too wrong for $30. I should have me a Photon 6.5 here in about 2-4 weeks or so.

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/wick...t-led-w402led/

I've used the Sniper IR illuminator and it works great. Very strong illuminator. I run an ATN XSight II and the Sniper is almost twice as strong.

Comment

Went out Wednesday night to use my new Zeus 640 75mm HD and got on one sounder. We didn't leave the house till 10:30 and I lollygagged around trying to learn how to take some better night photos with my new camera so by the time we were done with that it was 1:30. We both had work the next day so we quit then.
                Managed to take out 10 of the 12 in the sounder. I'm an idiot and didn't think I would need my DVR since I was in a rush and thought that since the hogs were so close to the trees we'd only get a few shots off. Well..we took out the two bigger pigs first and the rest had no clue what to do. All ran right towards us and would just kinda run around some and stop. Made it nice and easy to pick them off. Even got a twofer while they were running. Two piglets lined up perfect and the bullet went through the first ones neck and through the hips of the one behind it..of course I didn't have my DVR for that..

Anyway. Trying to learn how to do long exposure photos..the photography stuff is complicated.
                Mad I moved a little during this shot but it's hard to sit still for 30 seconds with pterodactyl size mosquitoes eating you alive.

Comment

awesome pics...

Comment

how did you get the pigs to lay so still for that long camera shot

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                      how did you get the pigs to lay so still for that long camera shot
                      Helps when you make their eyeballs, brain matter, and intestines hang out! lol

Comment

Love it man! Great shooting and great pics as well. Strap on the dang DVR next time!lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                          Love it man! Great shooting and great pics as well. Strap on the dang DVR next time!lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks lol. I will tonight!

Comment

New IR light. Can't fit anything bigger on it! Will be hunting from the back porch tonight as the hogs have been coming in the yard lately....

Comment

First kill with the x sight!

Comment

I have read this whole thread, but there is so much information, and I get confused easy.

So. Thermal handheld scanners. At the bottom end the is the Leopold Tracker. I think I kind of have a handle on its capabilities and limitations. What would be the next step up from that? How much money would it take to get something significantly better, and what would it be?

Comment

Working...
                                X