No announcement yet.

17-18 Childress Cottle Hardeman Foard HallWilbarger Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was hunting Childress last weekend and we saw a few bucks chasing doe. At the same time I saw many doe still in groups without a buck around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Rut is definitely on big time according to the guy we lease from they had two giants on doe this morning on his part of the ranch !!

Comment

Originally posted by psicoo View Post
        Took one for the team and the herd. No brow tines, no get to breed again!
        Quanah
        Congrats to you. Tell Marion I said Hi. Figured I would have run into one of you some time this season, but........ I hope to have some good luck this weekend. It looks promising.

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy5oo View Post
          Congrats to you. Tell Marion I said Hi. Figured I would have run into one of you some time this season, but........ I hope to have some good luck this weekend. It looks promising.

I’ll let Marion know. I always look to see one of you at least entering your place from the road.
          Here’s wishing you a successful hunt this weekend!
          Hoping to ride up Sunday and stay a couple of days to get away.

Comment

Originally posted by psicoo View Post
            I’ll let Marion know. I always look to see one of you at least entering your place from the road.
            Here’s wishing you a successful hunt this weekend!
            Hoping to ride up Sunday and stay a couple of days to get away.
            I will be up Saturday afternoon/evening through sometime Monday. Good luck to you.

Comment

Had 3 does and a young 6 come in late tonight but decided to wait on punching a doe tag.

Land owner cattle decided to go hang out at my dads stand starting around 5 and never left so he didn’t see anything

Comment

Its a windy SOB this morning! This is my second year hunting in Childress and by far the most wind I've hunted in.

How is deer movement when it's this windy?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's always windy up there. If it's calm they don't move. This afternoon and tomorrow should b good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

2 doe at my feeder for about 30min. Neighbor to the west, I think the Fish ranch, just shot

Comment

Didn’t see anything last night

This morning has been cold and slow! Had a doe decide to leave just before legal and then a young 6 that had busted the tips off his right side came and ate for a while

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        Didn’t see anything last night

This morning has been cold and slow! Had a doe decide to leave just before legal and then a young 6 that had busted the tips off his right side came and ate for a while
                        I'm having the same experience in Kirkland this weekend. VERY SLOW!!!!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

WIsh I wouldn’t have passed on the does the last couple days, took for granted they’d be here today and my freeze is empty. Hopefully something will start moving in the next couple hours

Comment

Panhandle Muley down! Been hunting out here for 4 years now and been chasing a muley ever since. Great hunt this morning. He came in from about 400 yards north along the edge of wheat field and brush. Finally made his way down in the open brush area and gave me a good shot. Him and another y’all 6 were circling each other when I took him. Almost took the 6 first but buddy held me up as this guy finally came into view and was much bigger. Big ol 220# panhandle muley buck!! Fired up man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not too bueno at our place in Wilbarger or Foard counties, that draught has really put us in a tailspin.

Comment

Good job on the muley.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X