Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing Ronnie. Good luck with the bow!

Comment

Good luck Ronnie I hope it all works out and you get a chance to shoot at something. Congrats on the upcoming marriage!!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, and congrats on getting married. Go stick you a hog and post up some LDP.

Matt

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'm about to see if I can wear my target out with sacagawea

Comment

Happy Easter brother... Have fun wearing out that target, it's a beautiful day for shooting.

Comment

Have fun and give updates

Comment

I enjoyed your write up.

Have a good time with the bow and I hope you have the opportunity to get you a hog or something with it.

Comment

Thanks for the bio, I enjoyed reading it. Good luck with the hunting....but remember it's all about the experience and not the kill.

Comment

Good luck Ronnie... as Chunky said, it is not all about the kill...I just spent 3 weeks hunting in Australia and I had a GREAT time...even though the only critter I killed was a cottontail rabbit...and I had 4 misses on big animals!

Bisch

Comment

This is the first time I've been on the green screen in a loooooong time. This is a cool thread to follow. I've enjoyed reading the bio's and the experiences you all have had with the traveling bow. Hopefully some day I'll get in line and take a turn with her. In the meantime I'll keep reading about her travels from the green screen dwellers. Shoot her straight.

Comment

Today I was shooting and feel comfortable with sacagawea for the first time consistently. Hopefully if the trend continues I will bring her into woods to put her and myself to the test... thanks everyone for the comments

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                          Today I was shooting and feel comfortable with sacagawea for the first time consistently. Hopefully if the trend continues I will bring her into woods to put her and myself to the test... thanks everyone for the comments
                          Enjoyed your Bio Ronnie , good luck with the pigs.

Comment

Well my time with Sacagawea is coming to an end and I have had an absolute blast shooting her. She came to me while Im still trying to figure this traditional archery thing out but i was more than pleased with my time with her. I just got back from hunting at Big Oak Bowhunting and had an awesome time. While I didnt kill any animals it sure wasnt from lack of opportunity. I had animals in front of me every time I sat. With it raining most of the day and only being able to hunt one day due to my prior obligations Buff had his work cut out for him. He busted his butt trying to get me a kill but I just couldnt connect. I had multiple chances and had just as much fun just shooting Buffs 3d targets in between sits. Well Rick a while back i was speculating on what my first shot with a trad bow would be a miss high or miss low and you commentted on the subject adding encouraging words.....It was low LOL I tried and I honestly believe I have enough accuracy to hunt with Sacagawea I just couldnt shake my nerves. But like Buff told me a miss low is better than a poor hit high...... Well Mr. Clay the bow is yours next if you will pm me your address and I will send her on her way

Comment

Good read Ronnie.

While I remember the thread about the miss speculation, I don't remember what I said. I'll tell ya this - patience is a virtue, and it will come to you soon, because you have the fire & excitement for it driving you.

As for the nervousness when it comes time to drop the string - I live for that moment. If I ever lose that feeling I'll quit. The rush of adrenalin, and pure joy & excitement over just being there is what it is all about at the moment of truth.

Rick

Comment

Well Ronnie at least you got to get in the woods and have an opportunity with her. It will all come together for you next chance you get. I'll send my info to you, thanks

Clay

Comment

Working...
                                X