Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with the bow Curt.Hope you are doing well. I got that south paw built by the way.

Comment

Got alittle quiet round here, how's Sacagewea doing? Her care taker?

Comment

Looking for something myself.

Comment

I think Curt must still be killing with her i guess

Comment

Still no news on Sacagewea???

Comment

Ok I just got home from work and much to my surprise I have a box from curt. Assuming it was the bow I opened it up and its the arrows anyways ill have to get my fiancée to pick the bow up tomorrow from out local post office.....ill also try to write my Bio tonight or tomorrow. Thanks everyone for all they've put into this awesome chance at doing something special

Comment

Good deal!

Comment

Hey Ronnie, keep us posted. Hope you enjoy your time with that girl.

Comment

Ok my fiancée pick the bow up yesterday, I haven't had much time to play with it....Hopefully I can get some time to get comfortable enough to try and stick a pig with her

Comment

Ok my name is Ronnie Harper, I go by Kyle to most of my family(mid

Comment

grrrr!!!

Comment

Let me guess, it all got deleted. Lol

Comment

lol

Comment

LOL im so glad i have a sense of humor...after 45 minutes of typing i somehow deleted it all....im sorry but im going to bed, 4 am comes too early. i will retype it tommorw after work...ive only shot the bow about ten times and i can say i will own a sarrels bow before the summer is up

Comment

ok one last time but not as long, I will try to hit the basics....My name is Ronnie Harper aka Kyle by some. I am twenty five and im originally from Georgia. I moved to Texas at the age of nine and have loved it ever since. I went to school at Hamshire Fannett while in TX. I currently work at a local refinery as an operator and hopefully I retire from there. Im getting married in Colorado next month and forward to the next step in my life. Now my father didnt hunt much and fished a little so I dont understand why im totally obsessed with both. My uncle took me under his wing and started bringing me deer hunting when I moved here. I deer hunted with him and my cousins all the way untill high school. Many of afternoons during deer season found me with them hunting an East Texas pipeline. While in high school he started deer hunting in West Texas and I didnt care too much for that so I sought out something different. I began duck hunting with what is now my best friend all through high school. When school was over my buddy started surfing and gave up duck hunting. To this day I HATE surfing!!! Well while a coworker told me of some public land close that was open to deer hunting so I thought I would give it a shot. The rules of this particular land was bow, shotgun, or muzzleloader only. Since I have toyed with bows off and on since I was around seven I decided to buy a compound. Well I started the season with my bow in my hand how I did many seasons before, sitting on a pipeline. After many of afternoons of watching deer cross the pipeline too far to care about I realized that I was in need of another approach. So off in the woods I went. The first afternoon in the woods I posted up on a huge root ball of a fallen oak. All evening there wasnt anything moving untill right before dark. With a little light still left two big hogs came trotting by, but they were too far to take a shot and quickly disappeared. I was on cloud nine! Since then I have pretty much given up duck hunting. Right then I wanted to call my boss and take all my vacation. I hunted close quarters the rest of the season without anymore close calls. The next season I shot a doe on the pipeline but hit her too far back and for some reason all I could think about was trying to get a follow up shot on her. She took off in the woods and so did I. To this day that is the worst hunting decision i have made. Me and my friend searched for 8 hrs without finding her...Thats the only deer that I have shot with a bow but have blown many of opportunities and taken a few hogs while trying. The doe I lost happened four seasons ago and this past season I hunted bow only untill muzzle loader season. Ive owned a few recurves but never got serious about learning to hunt with one untill recently. Hopefully by this season I will be traditional bow only but I cant imagine ever selling my compound as Ive had too much fun with it. So thats where Im currently at, and if Im good enough at fifteen yards with Sacagwea Ill try to shoot a hog or maybe an axis doe with her. I consider myself a seasonal outdoorsman because winter is nothing but hunting and summer finds me chasing fish, salt water mostly.

Comment

Working...
                                X