Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tgil View Post
    I need to take some lessons somewhere.
    My goal, every year for the last 10 or so, has been to hit the spring sandbass run with a fly rod.
    So far, I have failed at achieving that goal!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Give me a call and we'll go. I'll start testing the river in a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by oneforthewall View Post
      Give me a call and we'll go. I'll start testing the river in a couple weeks.

What rivers are you hitting?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Tried Carl Barton park in Conroe at lunch for stocker trout with no luck. They dumped 1300 trout in the pond 30 minutes before I got there. Only one out there with a fly rod. Tried some pellet patterns but the only ones catching were throwing corn kernels. Any ideas or anyone had luck with stockers?

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
          What rivers are you hitting?

Sierracharlie out…
          We fish the Brazos near Weatherford

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
            Tried Carl Barton park in Conroe at lunch for stocker trout with no luck. They dumped 1300 trout in the pond 30 minutes before I got there. Only one out there with a fly rod. Tried some pellet patterns but the only ones catching were throwing corn kernels. Any ideas or anyone had luck with stockers?
            Throw some small woolly buggers in black or olive with a little flash in the tail. Nymphs under an indicator work well too. I like gold beads on just about everything.

Comment

Did a little fly fishing near Columbus this weekend. Caught some nice spotted bass and perch on the 4wt.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

How about more details on that bass Jason. I can see part of the fly in it’s mouth, what type of fly and how did you fish it? I love fly fishing and bass fishing, just never bass fished with a fly rod. Thanks for any pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by oneforthewall View Post
                  We fish the Brazos near Weatherford
                  Any tips for best access points? I fished below PK but not any where else on the Brazos.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
                    How about more details on that bass Jason. I can see part of the fly in it’s mouth, what type of fly and how did you fish it? I love fly fishing and bass fishing, just never bass fished with a fly rod. Thanks for any pointers.
                    I was using a small clouser size 10 I think. I was throwing it along the banks and just stripping it back to me. After losing the only two clousers I had it was hard to get a bite.

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
                      Have any pics of the handmade rods?
                      Here some of my builds from over the years. Iv built many bait casting and spinning rods but only one fly rod. Once my house gets put back together I'll be building more rods.

Comment

[QUOTE=bzzboyz;13189043]This was in Alaska in 2015. On the Ilnik river which runs parallel and about 500 yards away from the Bering Sea. It was amazing. The last picture is the Bering Sea behind me.

Awesome! I'll be guiding on the Tsiu at the end of this summer

Comment

Purple pink tiger wrap with metallic purple trim bands

Comment

Thanks for the info, hope to try soon.

Comment

How many fly fishermen on here.

Hey guys just a heads up, ugly bug fly shop is having a big sale today. I just picked up a Scott Flex 6wt. Figured I would pass the word, they will ship anything you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just put a contract on a cabin that overlooks the river right below Broken Bow dam, when you cross the third bridge from the dam you are looking right at it, never fly fished before, I think I am going to try and learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X