Insurance/ death/ debt ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance/ death/ debt ?

So last night I thought I was having a heart attach, chest pains and sweating bad. But we don't have great insurance, so I did not want to go to the er. I figured it would be cheaper to let him take me if it was my time. If they had to do emergency surgery or something and I lived, I would owe hundreds of thousands of dollars. I for sure don't want that. Never really though about this before this, wondering if others have. This sucks.

Preach brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, tough spot to be in. Hope someone can give you some guidance

Comment

That's not insurance then. You need a plan that has an out of pocket max that won't put you in dire straits. You can get disability insurance for very little money.

Comment

Go to the Doctor ASAP. You have people counting on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            Go to the Doctor ASAP. You have people counting on you.
            Yep. Selfish IMO if you have family. I'm pretty stubborn but this involves more than just you

Comment

But it leaves them in huge debt( looking out for them) also. I don't want them paying " for me" when iam long gone.
              Last edited by critter69; 01-11-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                That's not insurance then. You need a plan that has an out of pocket max that won't put you in dire straits. You can get disability insurance for very little money.
                I do have a max but it's a crazy amount. And it's not like I can change it now.

Comment

I understand your position. I don't want to take away from the family inheritance.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                    But it leaves them in huge debt( looking out for them) also. I don't want them paying " for me" when iam long gone.
                    Get a picture out of your wife, kids, grandkids, everyone that loves you. You really think they want money more than you!

GO TO THE DOCTOR

The rest of you guys reading this should be telling Critter the same **** thing

Comment

Go see a doctor soon!!

Comment

That's right, go to Doctor. medical bills are the one thing that they can't put you in jail for, family would want you here more, God tells us that he will provide for us if we are a child of his, don't have Ins. myself but when I have to go I go and don't worry about it.

God Bless
                        Bish

Comment

What they said
                          A couple of years ago there was an article in the paper hear that talked about the cost of a heart attack. You could go to Austin Heart Hospital and it was like 82,000$ for your basic heart attack. Now if you could make it over to Taylor,tx (@40 miles give or take from Austin) they would save your life for $18,000..... ;(. If your living on the ragged edge it's probably worth it to do some prep...

Comment

I can't believe I'm saying this because 5-6 years ago it would have been crazy.. but I can actually relate to this... this is not a political statement, but there are ALOT of people that have to think about that very thing now. For a ton of of folks it is truly a danged if you do, danged if you don't situation.

Comment

I can promise there are people that want and need you here. Get that stuff figured out!

Comment

Working...
                              X