Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Spanish Tortilla with Venison Chorizo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish Tortilla with Venison Chorizo

At Easter a friend of mine brought a Spanish Tortilla. I'd never heard of it, and it doesn't have any tortillas. Irony.

But it was really good, even though hers was meatless, so I knew if we added some meat to it it'd be even better. Chorizo seemed like the right choice so I searched around for a chorizo recipe.

This is the end result, and now I can't wait to make some bulk chorizo the next time we get a little piggy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	49 Spanish Tortilla 2 420.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	25112114

There's printable recipe cards for both the chorizo and the Spanish Tortilla. http://www.mywildkitchen.com/spanish...nison-chorizo/

Enjoy! We sure did!

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
    At Easter a friend of mine brought a Spanish Tortilla. I'd never heard of it, and it doesn't have any tortillas. Irony.

But it was really good, even though hers was meatless, so I knew if we added some meat to it it'd be even better. Chorizo seemed like the right choice so I searched around for a chorizo recipe.

This is the end result, and now I can't wait to make some bulk chorizo the next time we get a little piggy!

[ATTACH]852479[/ATTACH]

There's printable recipe cards for both the chorizo and the Spanish Tortilla. http://www.mywildkitchen.com/spanish...nison-chorizo/

Enjoy! We sure did!
    That looks really good, I may have to try this!!!

Comment

That looks amazing! FYI, true Spanish chorizo is a hard cured meat much like a salami. What gets eaten over here is the same ingredients pretty much but isn't a hard cured meat, its an uncured fresh sausage. You can get the real stuff at a specialty store and I would recommend giving it a try sometime.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
        That looks amazing! FYI, true Spanish chorizo is a hard cured meat much like a salami. What gets eaten over here is the same ingredients pretty much but isn't a hard cured meat, its an uncured fresh sausage. You can get the real stuff at a specialty store and I would recommend giving it a try sometime.
        I knew there was a difference, but I've never seen or tasted the Spanish variety. Sounds delicious, though. My first taste of chorizo was in LaPryor, TX at Trini's Taco Stand. I don't even know if it's still open, but those were some GOOD Saturday morning tacos!

Comment

Looks great! Gonna try some this weekend.

Comment

looks good... like a frittata.

Venison chorizo is great. Used to make it all the time for at the lease. No fat what so ever. Your recipe looks similar to the one I use. Bet this is gooood.

Comment

Working...
            X