No announcement yet.

Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still holding in the top 5. That dude in 1st finally posted on FB... one of those runners that are always running marathons. Aint gonna see 1st place ever again. Most others are mixed runners, walkers, rucking

Mine are all rucks of varying loads so I am surprised I am still up there since running is more time efficient when it comes to miles.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Time to start !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am signed up for the Bataan Memorial Death March in New Mexico next month. I am walking/rucking about 20-25 miles each week in preparation. I also started doing it to work on long hikes for an elk hunt soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobs117 View Post
          I am signed up for the Bataan Memorial Death March in New Mexico next month. I am walking/rucking about 20-25 miles each week in preparation. I also started doing it to work on long hikes for an elk hunt soon!

Good deal, hope to see you out on the course!

7 more miles this morning in near zero vis. Stats after a shower and refuel.

Comment

I really need to start motivating my self. Run bike ruck, something!

Comment

Stats from this mornings ruck (30#. Went light today since it's a short ruck)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5512.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	24530601

Name:	IMG_5513.jpg
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	24530602

Name:	IMG_5514.jpg
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	24530603

Comment

About to go walk no pack- Did about 6 miles yesterday and have a hot spot on my right foot. Gotta get better footwear

Comment

Closing in on 400... just 14 to go.

Comment

It has gotten to be a daily evening routine for me. I hike about 2 miles a day with 25 lbs of gear in my Molle ll large ruck sack. I really like the real cold days. Sunday it was cold and misting. I hiked about 2 miles, stopped made some coffee down in a creek bottom, then hiked back out. Here are some pics from this evening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Arrowsmith; 02-14-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Good workout. I haven’t done any of that since I had to.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                        Stats from this mornings ruck (30#. Went light today since it's a short ruck)...

[ATTACH]896957[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]896958[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]896959[/ATTACH]

Nice! I signed up for the civilian light. I am walking with a group from the Dallas area. It would be awesome to see you out there!

Comment

Anybody looking at this event?

GORUCK builds the best, toughest rucking gear to equip the rucking revolution — we force multiply through training, Events, and GORUCK Clubs that empower real world communities in service to something greater than themselves.

1369 introduced me to the GORUCK thing with his write up about the Constellation event.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                            It has gotten to be a daily evening routine for me. I hike about 2 miles a day with 25 lbs of gear in my Molle ll large ruck sack. I really like the real cold days. Sunday it was cold and misting. I hiked about 2 miles, stopped made some coffee down in a creek bottom, then hiked back out. Here are some pics from this evening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                            That is great stuff buddy! Can't beat that kinda scenery. Beats my urban jungle for sure

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                              Anybody looking at this event?

GORUCK builds the best, toughest rucking gear to equip the rucking revolution — we force multiply through training, Events, and GORUCK Clubs that empower real world communities in service to something greater than themselves.

1369 introduced me to the GORUCK thing with his write up about the Constellation event.
                              I like it! But traveling to do it isnt gonna happen.

That being said, I turn 40 this year and have been tossing around the idea of doing a 40 miler in one day. Not sure if I will do that in lieu of doing an 2nd annual ruck and cast... or do both.

On that note, I hit 400 miles today with a 14 mile total day today.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                                Another 7 miles in this chilly arse morning and that puts me at 76.75 for the year (Shut it, Swamp Rabbit). Took a new ruck out today that I finally received from a Kickstarter campaign and I have to say I know it's not purpose built for loading steel plates (or bricks) like my GR0 is (although, one of the co-owners was one of the designers/founders for GORUCK when they developed the GR rucks) it really rides nice with a 30# plate in the laptop compartment. I've got an 18 mile training ruck this Saturday so I'm going to also load two 10# bags of rice into it to get up to 50# and if all goes well I'll bring it to Jailbreak.

[ATTACH]895968[/ATTACH]
                                Im on the Alpha team for jailbreak. Vince was my brother in law. Saw youre on delta.

Comment

Working...
                                X