Ramcats or QAD exodus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayard7 View Post
    I have used the QAD exodus and I don't get good blood trails.
    Need to make better shots then.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      Need to make better shots then.
      This. Unless your talking a thick shield on a pig. Then just about any head is iffy , if it will bleed out. But these are about as good as a broad head gets. Sharp, shoot great, extremely durable, well built, have not lost a blade yet, and that is even counting misses, and they hit gravel and go bouncing along, using them for practice heads shooting into a gravel mound, hit rocks what ever, let alone in an animal on bone or anything. Most of the time you get a pass through and the heads look brand new after just rinsing them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        Never worried about a bent or broken blade in any replaceable head i have ever used. I always replace the blades, never have resharpened any.
        You don't worry that some one may swallow one of those blades ? Or just never thought about it.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
          You don't worry that some one may swallow one of those blades ? Or just never thought about it.

He's been bowhunting for over 40 years now. He's good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            He's been bowhunting for over 40 years now. He's good.
            Thanks Ragin'.

No, I have never worried about that period. How long you been hunting and eating venison or anything killed with your bow? Been doing this a little over 40 years and nothing has even come close to breaking a blade off in an animals unless it was in a bone/spine! I would be more worried about a bone from a catfish or other fish after being cooked. I have run into that WAY more times than finding a part or a blade (never have found one yet!) from a BH in something I was trying to eat.

Comment

This guy was a ramcat kill. Dropped him in his tracks. I was 340lbs there..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by let it fly View Post
                Took the 125 gr. exodus with me to Africa a couple years ago and performed great. Been shooting them ever since.
                ditto. Picture below is of one that zipped through a wart hog then hit the concrete trough causing minimal damage to the head. Hard to find a tougher BH for their price.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Good deal

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                    Thanks Ragin'.

No, I have never worried about that period. How long you been hunting and eating venison or anything killed with your bow? Been doing this a little over 40 years and nothing has even come close to breaking a blade off in an animals unless it was in a bone/spine! I would be more worried about a bone from a catfish or other fish after being cooked. I have run into that WAY more times than finding a part or a blade (never have found one yet!) from a BH in something I was trying to eat.
                    Just seen this, I have some on the ignore list so I don't see every thing. But I guess this is directed at me. I have been eating venison sense I could chew solid foods. My older brothers and dad archery hunted. Have never eaten or had to worry about a piece of broad head in the meat as we never found one with missing or broken blades. We didn't really think about it until he our friend cut his hand on a broken blade. Seen how small the piece of blade was and then it dawned on us some one could have swallowed that had we not seen it. I am 53 now, so I would say I have been eating archery harvested meat for 52 years. Never had to think about it until that episode. Well we should have thought about a few times before as we found them ( same brand of broad head) with broken or missing blades but thought it was probably because of rocks or what not after passing through the animal. I just prefer not to have that in the back of my mind while I eat, or serve others the meat I have harvested. Don't really think it comes down to how long each of us have eaten bow killed meat, just that the risk of it does exist if blades are left behind in the game we harvest, not a risk I am willing to take now or ever, knowing I could have prevented it. Hope your luck don't run out.

Comment

Ram cats without a doubt! They are incredible broadheads.

Comment

Ramcats are my 2nd favorite head with the Rage Hypodermic being my 1st. With a heavy arrow they penetrate like butter and leave a nasty hole.

My wife killed an Aoudad with the RC

Comment

Taken with a 100 grain Ramcat Crossbow broadhead this weekend. I'm impressed so far.

Comment

I know nothing about QAD's, but I've given up on Ramcats.
                            I never got good blood trails and on at least three occasions, I discovered that one of the blades had fallen off somewhere. That would be a fine howdy do if I flung an arrow at a deer not knowing one of the blades was missing.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                              I know nothing about QAD's, but I've given up on Ramcats.
                              I never got good blood trails and on at least three occasions, I discovered that one of the blades had fallen off somewhere. That would be a fine howdy do if I flung an arrow at a deer not knowing one of the blades was missing.
                              Who's fault is it that the blades fall off? I check mine everytime before I go out on a hunt. Just saying.I said this above and will say it again, I have never lost a blade before I shot it or in an animal and I have shot them for quiet a while both here and in Africa.
                              They have changed to where they are a LH thread now.

Comment

I like PX2

Comment

Working...
                                X